ADNOC Benefits

Old Apr 11th 2024, 7:03 pm
Just Joined

Nealschon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ADNOC Benefits

Hi All,

I am expecting an offer from ADNOC. They have verbally informed me of the benefits they will offer if I accept the offer. They have informed me that they pay up to 50K AED for schooling but do not cover accommodation costs.

Does anyone know if ADNOC provides accommodation? I have heard that organizations in the Middle East do cover accommodation costs.

Please also provide some details about their grading structure. They are offering me grade 16, but I do not know how that translates to the grading structure in the UK.

Thank you.
Old Apr 29th 2024, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

wendall2005 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC Benefits

Having dealt with job offers and interviews and the process with Adnoc, Aramco, Qatar Energy and others in the Middle East over the last decade, there is one thing I can guaranteed claim is we should not expect any resemblance of rule of law or ethics as is the norm in the West. There is no "standard or one glove fits all". Adnoc guaranteed offers housing to many (including my offer that I had years ago). They offer between 150-250k AED per year for housing. But again, they refused to give it many others, reasons unknown. The same job, same nationality the same company offers a range of salaries. Depends really on their mood and your skin colour. Know of someone that had an Adnoc offer years ago, went through the full onboarding process for 6 months (wasted thousands of pounds on medical tests, embassy attestation of documents, background checks, all at his expense) and was at the final stage of sending his passport for the visa when the HR at Adnoc completely stopped communicating with him and totally ghosted him. No explanation given, nothing. Just total silence. I doubted him at first but he said he had checked on all the folks he dealt with and they were all legit HR. Valid phones calls from him to them, emails everything. Lesson is = there is no rule of law or any norm.

The only thing you can do is do your own individual analysis = take what ever number they give you, take your expenses out for home, schooling, etc. and then decide whether it is worth it or not for you, individually. My opinion is most often for someone in the West these days if you have a comfortable middle class job, often it is not worth it. Most folks that I know have gone are the ones who were already jobless here or first generation immigrants who never really settled down in the West properly. Just my two cents. The more well off Westerners don't tend to move to the Middle East no matter what
Old May 3rd 2024, 9:56 pm
Just Joined

Nealschon is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADNOC Benefits

Thank you for your detailed response. I completely agree with you; ethics and law are nonexistent in the Middle East. I am moving there due to family reasons, and there is no other motive behind my move. What happened to your contact is something I am observing with them as well. They told me what the numbers would be and then went quiet, and there has been no communication from them for the last 6 weeks. How did you find the culture at Adnoc? and are they fair in terms of how they assess the performance of people?