Reload this Page >

Attested documents/certificates

Attested documents/certificates

Old Mar 7th 2012, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

heathcliffe54 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Attested documents/certificates

Hi all,

my husband moves to Abu Dhabi on 1st April. I understand he sorts his family's residence visa after his own is established.

I have been told that I must have our mariage certificate and our 2 boys birth certificates attested. I have come across a website called Vital Certificates that provides this service.

Can anyone tell me if they have used this website?

Also, is it best to get these certificates and send them with my husband if possible? Thanks....
Old Mar 7th 2012, 3:19 pm
Just Joined

mauser1905 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Attested documents/certificates

Originally Posted by heathcliffe54
Hi all,

my husband moves to Abu Dhabi on 1st April. I understand he sorts his family's residence visa after his own is established.

I have been told that I must have our mariage certificate and our 2 boys birth certificates attested. I have come across a website called Vital Certificates that provides this service.

Can anyone tell me if they have used this website?

Also, is it best to get these certificates and send them with my husband if possible? Thanks....
Congratulations. I am moving to AD on 30th this month. I have got my marriage cert and my son's birth cert apostiled by FCO and received last week. I did all on my own.

If you get original marriage and birth certificates from your local registrar, your registrar will sign on it. FCO will be able to verify this online through their system and legalsie those and send across to you or UAE embassy in London.

Remember The FCO legalised documents still need UAE embassy legalisation.

FCO link. http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/wh...s/Legalisation

UAE Embassy in London http://uae-embassy.ae/Embassies/uk/Content/592

I used special delivery envelopes for delivery to FCO, then from FCO to UAE embassy and finally UAE embassy to return myself.

Off course you can send these documents with your husband provided you complete all the steps above before he leaves for the UAE. I believe you have sufficient time for it now.

Hope it helps.
Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:24 pm
Just Joined

mrsSAFC is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

sorry to be a div here - I also need to do this.

So i need certified copies of marriage and birth certificates or can I use my originals? I send them to FCO and they return to me. I then take them with me UAE for them to confirm?

Also my degree qualifications, do `i send a copy or original?

I have read the website but i dont get it....

Originally Posted by mauser1905
Congratulations. I am moving to AD on 30th this month. I have got my marriage cert and my son's birth cert apostiled by FCO and received last week. I did all on my own.

If you get original marriage and birth certificates from your local registrar, your registrar will sign on it. FCO will be able to verify this online through their system and legalsie those and send across to you or UAE embassy in London.

Remember The FCO legalised documents still need UAE embassy legalisation.

FCO link. http://www.fco.gov.uk/en/about-us/wh...s/Legalisation

UAE Embassy in London http://uae-embassy.ae/Embassies/uk/Content/592

I used special delivery envelopes for delivery to FCO, then from FCO to UAE embassy and finally UAE embassy to return myself.

Off course you can send these documents with your husband provided you complete all the steps above before he leaves for the UAE. I believe you have sufficient time for it now.

Hope it helps.
Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mrsSAFC
Hi

So i need certified copies of marriage and birth certificates or can I use my originals? I send them to FCO and they return to me. I then take them with me UAE for them to confirm?

Originals....

Crown documents such as birth & marriage certificates aren't allowed to be stamped upon, so they come with a fancy bit attached with all the various wanky stamps and signatures.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:37 pm
Just Joined

I believe you can use the originals but I'm looking at the website Vital Certificates. You pay them the fee and they order a copy and have it stamped and attested by FCO and then UAE embassy. I'm not sure if I am looking at a horrendously expensive way to do it though?

I heard the process costs approx £200 per document. Anyone tell me if this is correct? If so, I'm going with Vital Certificates as they seem to do everything for you. Would appreciate any advice
Old Mar 7th 2012, 4:39 pm
Just Joined

hi

i wouldnt pay that - I dont mind doing it i just want to make sure i do the right thing so as not to delay. moving April also - wondering if i can do ti all when I get out there or worth doing now
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

Talking Re: Attested documents/certificates

I believe you can use the originals but I'm looking at the website Vital Certificates. You pay them the fee and they order a copy and have it stamped and attested by FCO and then UAE embassy. I'm not sure if I am looking at a horrendously expensive way to do it though?

I heard the process costs approx £200 per document. Anyone tell me if this is correct? If so, I'm going with Vital Certificates as they seem to do everything for you. Would appreciate any advice
I can do with £20 per document, if you wish.

To be honest its nothing complex. I have done it myself and got three documents from UAE embassy yesterday only.

FCO fees £30x 3 documents =£90 (can pay online)
UAE embassy fees £20 x 3 documents = £60 (postal order)
Special delivery three envelopes = £22

Add £10 x 3 original from Regster office = £30.

Good luck.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Oyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond reputeOyibopeppeh has a reputation beyond repute

If someone else is paying the bill....
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

Sounds great! I had read posts saying you had to go through solicitor etc.

Is it just a matter of sending the docs to FCO or do they need to be notarised first?

Sorry if I sound like a complete dunderheid but this is all new
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

do they need to be notarised first?
yes
Just Joined

i have 4 birth certs including mine and marriage cert to be done. then me degree certs.

everything is moving very fast - just trying to get sorted. Can i do when Im over there or?
Just Joined

Originally Posted by mrsSAFC
Hi

Below for Marriage and Birth Original signed certificates.
1) If I were you I will go to my local register office, get freshly signed original certificates in multiples I want. (These originals are signed by register)

2) Then go to FCO website and pay online for documents and print the page before finishing process. Be careful there.

3) I sent two more envelopes (Special delivery prepaid upto 500gm) And for the not to make mistake I had put the return envelope addressed to me inside the envelope which was addressed to UAE embasy. Dont forget the postal order for the embassy. Yes FCO will forward your pack directly to them if you instruct and provide for.

4) You have plenty time to finish this. It took under 7 days for me.(including notary public)

Now for degree certificate:

1) I made a photocopy of the original degree cert.
2) Went to Notary Public (solicitor will also do) and got this photocopy attested by him. Greedy fella wanted £63.50 for one document only, but said its price for 3 documents. anyways do search on google for notary in your area and check for prices in advance.
Note: He was keen on forwarding the documents on my behalf and etc, however I didnt trust him as I can do it my own. Your choice.

3) Now go to step 2 in the first paragraph above.

Done. let me know how it goes.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:14 pm
Just Joined

i feel the same!!!!

Sounds great! I had read posts saying you had to go through solicitor etc.

Is it just a matter of sending the docs to FCO or do they need to be notarised first?

Sorry if I sound like a complete dunderheid but this is all new
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:18 pm
Just Joined

Not in all cases.

If it is for example your original birth or marriage certificate signed by the registrar then NO. It goes directly to FCO for apostile.

If you have photocopy of your degree certificate then YES. It needs to be attested by solicitor or notary public as true copy of the original before it goes to the FCO.

Useful FAQ section in the FCO website link in my first post.
Old Mar 7th 2012, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

Thanks - will do that this week sometime if I get a minute! or defo early next week

Originally Posted by mauser1905
Below for Marriage and Birth Original signed certificates.
1) If I were you I will go to my local register office, get freshly signed original certificates in multiples I want. (These originals are signed by register)

2) Then go to FCO website and pay online for documents and print the page before finishing process. Be careful there.

3) I sent two more envelopes (Special delivery prepaid upto 500gm) And for the not to make mistake I had put the return envelope addressed to me inside the envelope which was addressed to UAE embasy. Dont forget the postal order for the embassy. Yes FCO will forward your pack directly to them if you instruct and provide for.

4) You have plenty time to finish this. It took under 7 days for me.(including notary public)

Now for degree certificate:

1) I made a photocopy of the original degree cert.
2) Went to Notary Public (solicitor will also do) and got this photocopy attested by him. Greedy fella wanted £63.50 for one document only, but said its price for 3 documents. anyways do search on google for notary in your area and check for prices in advance.
Note: He was keen on forwarding the documents on my behalf and etc, however I didnt trust him as I can do it my own. Your choice.

3) Now go to step 2 in the first paragraph above.

Done. let me know how it goes.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.