Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

Old Jan 28th 2014, 5:38 am
Just Joined

Kernishpisky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

Am an ADEC teacher, sat here on my break trying not to cry and trying to muster up the strength to make it through the afternoon. 107 days left til the end of the school year. I teach some fantastic kids who I know will become a real asset to their country in the future. I am just sick of being pulled in every direction at once. What ADEC say we should teach is not what the parents want us to teach and the management have no idea how anything should be implemented. The books they've given us are too difficult for the kids to use and don't meet the outcomes or prepare them for the EMSA exams. The outcomes are just far too hard, even for native English speakers, then the parents want to know why their child has not got an A, so you end up having to change all their grades in ESIS and basically lie- then Irtiqaa want to know why you've said a child has mastered an outcome that they clearly haven't- so you get trouble in that quarter too. I have given up. I'm in my second year now and not sure if I'll make it through it. I was judged to be an outstanding teacher by Ofsted before I came here. Now I don't even want to be a teacher.