Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

Old Jul 23rd 2012, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

Originally Posted by BritGeek
Small world guys, I was born in Croydon and spent may a Saturday afternoon in Allders, also lived in Thornton Heath and went to Croydon college!
Did I snog you in the Blue Orchid?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

BritGeek is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Millhouse
lol probably I used to go to that nightclub on the London road at the crossroads past West croydon in the 80's. A real dive that charged 12 quid for all you could eat and drink. Can't remember the name of it? They shut it down in the end, probably due to the number of teenagers getting carted out by ambulance, me included.

Also have fond memories of Cinderellas in Purley, Sunday night 14-18s 'disco' (lol remember that word) and the place at the top of surrey street in Croydon that kept changing its name. I think it was called 'Easy Street' at one time all chrome fittings, mirrored ceilings and girls with big shoulder pads.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:54 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

I worked for Balfour Beatty on Mayday Road. Was that the night club in the industrial area? Next door to a B & Q etc

If so I managed to take home a certain lady favoured by readers of the Sunday Sport and boob lovers from there......
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

lol probably I used to go to that nightclub on the London road at the crossroads past West croydon in the 80's. A real dive that charged 12 quid for all you could eat and drink. Can't remember the name of it? They shut it down in the end, probably due to the number of teenagers getting carted out by ambulance, me included.
Sinatras?
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 9:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I worked for Balfour Beatty on Mayday Road. Was that the night club in the industrial area? Next door to a B & Q etc

If so I managed to take home a certain lady favoured by readers of the Sunday Sport and boob lovers from there......
I think that one was called Atlantis.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:01 am
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

The free food rings a bell though, sure they used to do a curry? It was 1999 when I last went, the Vodka was like meths.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I'm not sure if they closed Atlantis in the end - it did kick off there quite a lot.

(see link below)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/1876580.stm

I saw oxide and neutrino there.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:15 am
Forum Regular

Sinatras?
OMG yes! I was trying so hard to remember the name. Just seeing the word took me back to the mid eighties
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:16 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britexpat76
I managed to take home a certain lady favoured by readers of the Sunday Sport and boob lovers from there......
Show off
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:23 am
Shark Fisherman

Show off

Believe me it's not great and she has been banged more times than a Dubai cab.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 10:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

OMG yes! I was trying so hard to remember the name. Just seeing the word took me back to the mid eighties
What a dive it was. I took a full on punch to the face from a pissed tart who was trying to hit her boyfriend, missed and got me. To add insult to injury, I lost my contact lens.
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 11:29 am
BE Forum Addict

Patsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond reputePatsy Stoned has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by winter
No I found his comment very offensive!
Get over it sweetie.

Originally Posted by bunjiman
Ah, that old chestnut. Being easily, 'offended'.

It was amusing IMHO. A little non-PC perhaps but this isn't Whitehall.
here you are darling, let's all be offended
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 11:55 am
BE Forum Addict

bingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond reputebingobob777 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure if they closed Atlantis in the end - it did kick off there quite a lot.

(see link below)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/england/1876580.stm

I saw oxide and neutrino there.
you sound proud of that
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 12:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to beholdJim Smith is a splendid one to behold

Sinatras?
Two other places I used to get to were the big place on Streatham High Rd (Dancing) and a place above a pub in South Croydon, not far from Central Croydon where the road forked to S. Croydon and up towards Selsdon?
72-75 is a long time ago and names escape me just now! Also met my first wife in the "Top of the stairs" dancing school on Norbury High Rd!
Old Jul 23rd 2012, 2:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jim Smith
Two other places I used to get to were the big place on Streatham High Rd (Dancing) and a place above a pub in South Croydon, not far from Central Croydon where the road forked to S. Croydon and up towards Selsdon?
That could be the blue anchor or the red deer, both very near each other and both had discos upstairs. Don't know about Streatham though, I only used to go there for the ice rink

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.