Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

Old Jul 16th 2012, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

Tockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond reputeTockalosh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ADEC, beware! The truth at last.

Originally Posted by Bongoman2
If that is the quality of education can you imagine the situation when ENEC starts up those big reactors and 60% of staff are locals? eeeek.

2020 is the switch on date apparently, most of those young guys should be about the right age to employed at that site.
And the other 40% will be Indians, god help you all
Old Jul 16th 2012, 3:08 pm
BE Forum Addict

seven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond reputeseven seas has a reputation beyond repute

Sounds absolutely awful. Good luck getting out.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 6:53 pm
Forum Regular

mathematist will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by stirlingsingle
Boys and girls are taught separately. The boys wear dresses, too!
Well if that's hiw you view your pupils, what do you expect.

Most of the imported teachers or LTs are crap and mock and look down upon staff and pupils so the result is inevitable. Most LTs leave at the last lesson, where they're noy supposed and stay until the end of the day so some leave at 11am - 12pm when it should be 3pm...

Most LTs are unprofessional and refuse to contribute to anything in the school. They'd rather be at the local mall sipping coffee.

Many of the British school inspectors have explicitly stated the poor approach of LTs. In many cases, the LTs needed to be given support whereas they are supposed to be role models for local teachers when they are quite the opposite.

There also are some fantastic LTs who really want to be in classroom, learn some Arabic phrases and relate to the pupils and go that extra step like any good teacher would. There are cases where some LTs, English is not even their first language either. The selection criteria is simple, if you have heartbeat, western passport, you're in...

The description of your first post is similar to that of any inner city school in the states too.

Bottom line, if you're a good teacher at home, you'll be fine here but you have to work independently and the highet salary reflects that.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:34 pm
Just Joined

stirlingsingle will become famous soon enoughstirlingsingle will become famous soon enough

Mathematist, That's rubbish. My colleagues and I are the ultimate professionals and we take our jobs very seriously. Our Arabic H o F is the ultimate amateur, as are the Senior Management Team. I came here with a desire to make a real difference and have not been allowed to.

The 'boys in dresses' was a joke - yes, I'm still able to make a joke. I would not put my cat into the school where I'm currently working.

The whole ADEC experience is a bad one for everyone I know (in cycles 2 & 3at least).

I would not recommend this kind of experience to anyone, even Americans, who do seem much more desperate than us British.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:50 pm
Bored liberal

Meow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond reputeMeow has a reputation beyond repute

Ignore Mathematist. He's one of our resident apologists for all things regional & Islamic. Unless you say everything here is utterly fabulous he'll say you are wrong.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 7:57 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Meow
Ignore Mathematist. He's one of our resident apologists for all things regional & Islamic. Unless you say everything here is utterly fabulous he'll say you are wrong.
I thought the idiot had been banned with the other lot last week. Shame.....
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:22 pm
Forum Regular

So views and opinions you don't like, you want them banned? Where's the freedom of speech in that then and my democratic right? Absurd.

And meow, stop telling people what to and what not to ignore . Let them make up their own minds so you can prrrr elsewhere.

With regards to the whole reform project, some good, some not so good. A noble intention for sure, but not the right approach. Look at the Indian system. Most of them speak perfect English without teachers coming from abroad.

The fact is that they need Emiratis, especially in the boys' schools as role models. The problem is, it's considered a sub standard job hence such a low number of local recruits

Importing LTs en masses has not worked. The fact that British inspectors who've observed all the schools in AD say that the LTs approach have significant flaws speaks volumes too. Far too many of the lessons they've observed for many LTs are well below par, and in OFSTED jargon, unsatisfactory.

Yes, great to hear that you are a professional, I don't doubt this, but a significant number aren't and I don't blindly think everything Emirati is perfect FYI.

Also, back from my Harrod's spending spree hence the delay in checking and responding to posts. Knightsbridge and Sloane Square will be happy with my contribution to their shops for sure.

Last edited by mathematist; Jul 16th 2012 at 8:47 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:28 pm
Shark Fisherman

britexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond reputebritexpat76 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mathematist
So anybody who's views you don't like, you want them banned? Where's the freedom of speech in that then and my democratic right? Absurd.

And meow, stop telling people what to and what not to ignore . Let them make up their own minds so you can prrrr elsewhere.

With regards to the whole reform project, some good, some not so good. A noble intention for sure, but not the right approach. Look at the Indian system. Most of them speak perfect English without teachers coming from abroad.

The fact is that they need Emiratis, especially in the boys' schools as role models. The problem is, it's considered a sub standard job hence such a low number of local recruits

Importing LTs en masses has not worked. The fact that British inspectors who've observed all the schools in the AD say that the LTs approach is not working speaks volumes too and the lessons they've observed for many LTs are well below par, and in OFSTED jargon, unsatisfactory.

Yes, great to hear that you are a professional, I don't doubt this, but a significant number aren't and I don't blindly think everything Emirati is perfect FYI.
Hahahaha, hilarious. Emirati and role model. That's 2 words that should never be spoken in the same sentence
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:38 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by britexpat76
Hahahaha, hilarious. Emirati and role model. That's 2 words that should never be spoken in the same sentence
I know what you mean, there are plenty of role models but for the wrong reasons such as who's got the fastest, newest and limited edition of whatever.

Problem is, it's lacking in education where it matters the most...

I s'pose a similar concept would be the drive to recruit more ethnic minority teachers in the UK in the hope it'd raise attainment / achievement in the lowest achieving groups. Why, so the most disaffected children can complete and gain good qualifications, but amongst the lowest achieving are Paks, Banglas, Afro Carribean's and recently, the white working class who are at the greatest risks of failing, so if Vinny Jones became a teacher...
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:46 pm
Shark Fisherman

Google role model and tell me why any Emirati would be one.....

If a role model entails having the fastest, biggest or scarcest item you are more deluded than I thought........

And don't worry about the white middle class, we all go to grammar schools and avoid the rif raf you find in the comes...
Old Jul 16th 2012, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Google role model and tell me why any Emirati would be one.....

If a role model entails having the fastest, biggest or scarcest item you are more deluded than I thought........

And don't worry about the white middle class, we all go to grammar schools and avoid the rif raf you find in the comes...
You fool, do I have to spell it out for you, role-model for the WRONG reasons. Didn't they teach you how to read things in Icantbebotheredtoread grammar school? You are the ignorant / deluded one, not moi.

The 'role models' like why so many kids look up to the rappers, gangsters and thugs as inspiration regardless of ethnic background. Don't need to be a mathemtician to figure that one, unless you live in a leafy area and are oblivious to the realities on the ground in schools back in the UK.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:04 pm
Kix
Nothing doin' here

Kix will become famous soon enoughKix will become famous soon enough

You fool, do I have to spell it out for you, role-model for the WRONG reasons. Didn't they teach you how to read things in Icantbebotheredtoread grammar school? You are the ignorant / deluded one, not moi.

The 'role models' like why so many kids look up to the rappers, gangsters and thugs as inspiration regardless of ethnic background. Don't need to be a mathemtician to figure that one, unless you live in a leafy area and are oblivious to the realities on the ground in schools back in the UK.
I agree with you on this point, re role models needed that aren't flash harrys.

Getting back to teachers, I still (30 years later) can tell you the teachers that influenced me.

I won't list them though.

Last edited by Kix; Jul 16th 2012 at 9:09 pm.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:07 pm
Shark Fisherman

Read back dickhead. You stated they needed Emirati role models, simple. No misunderstanding.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Read back dickhead. You stated they needed Emirati role models, simple. No misunderstanding.
My first post in a while and I get called all sorts here and the rest of the bully gang will start in the morning no doubt despite use of poor language and yet they call for me to get banned?

BTW, didn't they tell you off for using such terms in your posh school ol' chap?

OK, I will end it just to make you happy and agree with you by saying there are 0 decent locals who have done things that could inspire a single child to achieve his / her potential.

I sure hope you don't work anywhere near the education field.
Old Jul 16th 2012, 9:23 pm
Shark Fisherman

My first post in a while and I get called all sorts here and the rest of the bully gang will start in the morning no doubt despite use of poor language and yet they call for me to get banned?

BTW, didn't they tell you off for using such terms in your posh school ol' chap?

OK, I will end it just to make you happy and agree with you by saying there are 0 decent locals who have done things that could inspire a single child to achieve his / her potential.

I sure hope you don't work anywhere near the education field.
Fortunately I don't. I prefer to work for a living as against get spoon fed by the public sector working for a lazy useless eijit whose job I could do aged 14.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.