Reload this Page >

ACRO Police certificate

ACRO Police certificate

Old Oct 12th 2016, 10:53 am
Just Joined

harryarnold is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACRO Police certificate

Hi all

I am applying for a job in Saudi and have been asked to get a Police certificate.

I've never been convicted of anything but I was arrested once around 15 years ago but the case was thrown out of court.

I was wondering would this show up on the Police Certificate?

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 12th 2016, 2:26 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACRO Police certificate

My certificate, from Disclosure Scotland, states (after a lot of waffle): "The applicant has no convictions for disclosure."

So I guess not.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 2:48 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy
My certificate, from Disclosure Scotland, states (after a lot of waffle): "The applicant has no convictions for disclosure."

So I guess not.
Did you have a similar situation? I hope England one is the same. Anyone from England been through anything similar?
Old Oct 12th 2016, 2:51 pm
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by harryarnold
Did you have a similar situation? I hope England one is the same. Anyone from England been through anything similar?
No, but my point was that the purpose of the document is to disclose relevant convictions. The law of the land is that you're innocent until proven guilty, and that innocence includes the period between arrest and conviction -- so if you weren't convicted you were never guilty (and therefore hadn't committed a crime), and therefore there's nothing to disclose.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 3:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

The challenge will be when leaving Saudi Arabia to get a similar certificate from the Saudi authorities. It can be done. I advise you to do it in person with the help of your company "fixer". The certificate is especially important for those working with young people (eg teachers)
Old Oct 12th 2016, 5:11 pm
Just Joined

No, but my point was that the purpose of the document is to disclose relevant convictions. The law of the land is that you're innocent until proven guilty, and that innocence includes the period between arrest and conviction -- so if you weren't convicted you were never guilty (and therefore hadn't committed a crime), and therefore there's nothing to disclose.
OK. Thanks guys. I'll wait and see what comes back. Pray it comes back No Trace.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 5:17 pm

BritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond reputeBritInParis has a reputation beyond repute

Unless you have been convicted of a crime or accepted a caution then your certificate will say 'No Trace'. The results from an ACRO Police Certificate differ from a Disclosure Scotland or DBS certificate as it list stepped down convictions as 'No Live Trace'.
Old Oct 12th 2016, 8:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by BritInParis
Unless you have been convicted of a crime or accepted a caution then your certificate will say 'No Trace'. The results from an ACRO Police Certificate differ from a Disclosure Scotland or DBS certificate as it list stepped down convictions as 'No Live Trace'.
That's what I thought. Panicking for no reason really. Thanks for the explanation.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 5:02 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute

To be honest though, this thread is pointless if you don't give us the dirty on why you were arrested in the first place.....
Old Oct 13th 2016, 6:47 am
Hit 16's

Originally Posted by jam25mack
To be honest though, this thread is pointless if you don't give us the dirty on why you were arrested in the first place.....
You mean you've never 'eard of 'Arry the arsehole Arnold?
Old Oct 13th 2016, 9:29 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Haha. Well let's just say it involved 2 guys, 3 women, a donner kebab, and a traffic cone.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 9:31 am
Just Joined

You mean you've never 'eard of 'Arry the arsehole Arnold?
LOL.

Reminds me of an excellent Bottom episode.

"They don't call you Harry the B@stard for nothing do they" "No, they call me Ted!"
Old Oct 13th 2016, 9:45 am
Banned

iggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond reputeiggle has a reputation beyond repute

Haha. Well let's just say it involved 2 guys, 3 women, a donner kebab, and a traffic cone.
Awesome, standard bukkae night out but with food!
Old Oct 13th 2016, 2:05 pm
Just Joined

Just to update anyone who may have been interested in this nail-biting saga, I received it today and it's come back clean. No Trace, so happy days.

I can now keep my sordid tales secret once more.
Old Oct 13th 2016, 4:48 pm
Hit 16's

Just to update anyone who may have been interested in this nail-biting saga, I received it today and it's come back clean. No Trace, so happy days.

I can now keep my sordid tales secret once more.
You've not seen the Twitter feed yet, then...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.