Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Jan 22nd 2013, 9:45 pm
Eva
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Eva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond reputeEva has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

One thing I forgot to say,always check that your qualified professional designation is properly described in any contract you are about to sign.
It helps if your passport( some countries still list occupation)and other papers corroborate your rank/office etc.
x
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:25 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tonysprings
I was at interview in London and have still to receive expenses....has anyone been reimbursed....I was told by Vish Warden that reimbursement would be this week.
Also,a message to ARCADIA...you say we will be on grade 13 when we get offer can you tell me in pounds what that will be please. Also you mentioned the housing ADNOC supplies could you give me a website for the housing or where they are...cheers
Hi there.

No website for the housing im afraid..ADNOC have a housing guy who has a list of properties that they rent from landlords. You could always ask when the time comes which properties are available.

I will send you a pm regarding salary for grade 13 asuming thats the grade you will be on.
Old Jan 22nd 2013, 11:49 pm
Forum Regular

Arcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond reputeArcadia has a reputation beyond repute
Arrow Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Originally Posted by busybee2
arcadia doesnt live in abu dhabi any longer, so things may well have changed since she has left, but most companies will already have leases in their name and then they put you in those, of course, each company policy is different, and it all depends on when they took out the lease, but also some companies will give you an allowance and help you find a place within that and do all the donkey work, as abu dhabi is famous for its red tape. you will not find something in 1 week!!!
Thats right i dont live in Abu Dhabi now but im still in daily contact with friends who still work for ADNOC and made sure i asked them before posting any info that could be misleading or wrong.

ADNOC has quite a few apartments and villas but it depends if they are empty or the lease is coming available whilst your looking..you might get lucky but like i said previously the better places are usually earmarked for the housing guys buddies.

They are fine about you looking for your own place , and offer a range of services...like fitting smoke alarms, window locks, fire blankets etc.

They also have a list that they will NOT let you rent..a lot of the high rise buildings have failed ADNOCS safety checks..The Childhood building on Airport road being one of them.

Last edited by Arcadia; Jan 23rd 2013 at 12:02 am.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 12:15 am
Forum Regular

As bluelionesse and I stated earlier..play the waiting game,it will usually take around 3 months from interview to arrival.

My husband has just been offered his old job back at the ADNOC training institute so they must be recruiting too, not surprised really, my fella was called "the young un" and he was 56.

Good luck to you all anyway, hope you have the time of lives out there.
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 2:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by tonysprings
Al,
The job I am up for is on Operations....if you have some info on wages you are only to welcome to pass it on.....it would at least give us some prior knowledge whilst we wait for the package to arrive. Been looking through some internet pages on Adnoc and found a full grading system that someone had put on the web.....it was however from 2008 but it was grim reading so lets hope the wages have improved from then. I am still a bit wary about it all and like yourself will be relieved when the package finally arrives so I can make a decision either way.

My hubby has worked for the ADNOC group since 2007 and has not had a pay rise since 2008! It was a high wage for his level at the time and is still higher than he can get elsewhere these days which is the main thing keeping him here.
Old Jan 27th 2013, 8:55 pm
Forum Regular

King Charlie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey TonySprings,

I think we may have met at the interview in London? I was one of the other lads from Hartlepool. Could you do me a favour and PM me the grade salary offer (if Arcadia sent you it?) please. I know it could all be different from the actual offer, but a little heads up doesn't do any harm.

Cheers
Old Jan 27th 2013, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

JLF1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Good Evening All,

Has anybody had expenses reimbursed for the selection event yet?

Cheers

Jason
Old Jan 27th 2013, 9:13 pm
Forum Regular

Welshpat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Not had anything as yet, I was going to get intouch with them tomorrow
Old Jan 27th 2013, 10:23 pm
Forum Regular

Do me a favour Pat, PM me and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Jason
Old Jan 28th 2013, 6:05 am
Forum Regular

AJMac88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Welshpat1
Not had anything as yet, I was going to get intouch with them tomorrow
Originally Posted by JLF1970
Do me a favour Pat, PM me and let me know how you get on.

Cheers

Jason
Or if you wouldn't mind posting here what you find out I heard on the grapevine that they are only going to reimburse expenses for folk that actually get taken on though....
Cheers
AL
Old Jan 28th 2013, 7:51 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

If you went to an interview in your home town would you claim the money back?

Don't expect them to pay it. They might say they will but don't expect it.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:20 am
Forum Regular

AJMac88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Scamp
If you went to an interview in your home town would you claim the money back?

Don't expect them to pay it. They might say they will but don't expect it.
All cash is good cash, was only a case of giving the recruitment guys a receipt after the interview so worth a shot
AL
Old Jan 28th 2013, 8:24 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

Originally Posted by AJMac88
All cash is good cash, was only a case of giving the recruitment guys a receipt after the interview so worth a shot
AL
Fair enough.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:03 am
Forum Regular

If the interviews had taken place in my hometown, then I probably wouldn't bother claiming expenses back, but like many others, I travelled a few hundred miles to get there, and it is a significant amount of money.

However, the amount isn't the issue here, its the fact that the recruitment consultancy firm, who most if not all people dealt with prior to these interviews, stated quite clearly in black and white, that expenses incurred to get to the interviews would be reimbursed.
Old Jan 28th 2013, 9:24 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by JLF1970
If the interviews had taken place in my hometown, then I probably wouldn't bother claiming expenses back, but like many others, I travelled a few hundred miles to get there, and it is a significant amount of money.

However, the amount isn't the issue here, its the fact that the recruitment consultancy firm, who most if not all people dealt with prior to these interviews, stated quite clearly in black and white, that expenses incurred to get to the interviews would be reimbursed.
Fair enough, claim that shit back.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.