Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

Old Jan 12th 2013, 4:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi move, Al Hosn gas and girlfriend

20 minute interview.... is that it? whenever I interview for a post out here its normally 3 hours....
Old Jan 12th 2013, 8:47 am
Just Joined

rahcho is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
Can any one who has attended the interview shed some light on the format of the interview process? i.e. is it very technical? Are they there to grill you?

How easy/ difficult was the negotiation?

Are they providing the accommodation or are they offering accommodation allowance (family status), if so how much allowance are they offering?

Look forward to the responses.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 9:39 am
Just Joined

NorthSeaBear is an unknown quantity at this point

The accommodation is an allowance, and is dependant on your pay grade, which will be made clear in your offer if you get one.

My interview lasted about 10 minutes
Old Jan 12th 2013, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

JLF1970 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, they will reimburse you for expenses. Travel etc.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 10:27 am
Just Joined

Thanks JLF.
Old Jan 12th 2013, 10:31 am
Just Joined

Any engineers who have attended the interview? what are they offering in terms of benefits? Any negotiation tips?
Old Jan 15th 2013, 6:17 pm
Forum Regular

AJMac88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,
I also had an interview with Al Hosn Gas on the 12th. How do you all think it went? Anyone heard anything back yet? Been looking at apartments and everything but don't want to jump the gun! Thanks
Allan
Old Jan 15th 2013, 6:44 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AJMac88
Hi guys,
I also had an interview with Al Hosn Gas on the 12th. How do you all think it went? Anyone heard anything back yet? Been looking at apartments and everything but don't want to jump the gun! Thanks
Allan
I think we're all in the same boat my friend. Recruitment company told us we'd know there and then, employer says they'll get back to us in 3 weeks. Recruitment told us theres a travel allowance and flights home every year, employer says no thats not the case.

Cant help but think we were promised the world and now we're all on pins waiting for the job offer. The job offer is going to be less than what we were told when we applied for the job, lets just hope its still attractive. Ill let you know as soon as I find out.
Old Jan 15th 2013, 7:25 pm
Forum Regular

Hi, yeah it seemed strange they'd offer you it there and then. I think it sounds better than I expected, there's that remote location allowance and shift allowance to go on top of the basic wage. Had a look on a property search site and you can get a really nice place for 110000AED But yeah will just have to wait and see what the contract says (if its offered! fingers crossed)
Cheers
Allan
Old Jan 15th 2013, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

expathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant futureexpathopeful has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by AJMac88
Hi, yeah it seemed strange they'd offer you it there and then. I think it sounds better than I expected, there's that remote location allowance and shift allowance to go on top of the basic wage. Had a look on a property search site and you can get a really nice place for 110000AED But yeah will just have to wait and see what the contract says (if its offered! fingers crossed)
Cheers
Allan
Best of luck to you mate. fingers crossed
Old Jan 15th 2013, 7:43 pm
Forum Regular

Cheers, you too
Allan
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Here's a thought. For those of you coming with families and a) receiving the housing allowance as opposed to allocated apartment and b) wishing to save as much cash as you can, why not consider locating your family in Al Ain.

If you buy a "full" 4x4 there's roads that go all the way between Al Hosn and Al Ain, it will take you three hours via Al Qua'a and there is a 40km section that is gatch track, ie unmade road.

The cost of housing and schooling in Al Ain is significantly cheaper than AD, and many families enjoy the lifestyle here.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 9:55 am
Forum Regular

Welshpat1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi.Aparently there is a new law ciming in to AD where u can only claim housing allowance uf you live in AD
Old Jan 16th 2013, 10:29 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

Originally Posted by Welshpat1
Hi.Aparently there is a new law ciming in to AD where u can only claim housing allowance uf you live in AD
Not altogether true. Your place of work is not Abu Dhabi city, so it may be that Al Hosn workers are exempt from this rule. Al Ain is in Abu Dhabi Emirate.
Old Jan 16th 2013, 4:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Welshpat1
yes al ain is in fact part of abu dhabi. but i wouldnt commute down that road, thats the worse road in the emirate for driving..... bends and fast.... lots of the really really bad drivers along it, and 1.5 hours from aa to ad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.