Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Old Aug 1st 2017, 12:51 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

As someone who enjoys F1 but isn't religious or too serious about it I think the AD F1 is quite good.

You can get boozey and have a good time in the garden fence sections outside the stands, the F1 village was shit, but that was years ago, the stands are all pleasant, seating spacious enough and with good views.

The effort is there in terms of numbers of staff and quality of parking / bus rides etc etc etc.

Concerts are pot luck. I was meant to go one year but they had Depeche Mode and Jay-Z which was jackpot for me but seen both before, so didn't bother. I think they're part of it rather than an add on so this years looks naff to me, but that's my opinion eh.

It's worth remembering it's 'only' 50,000 capacity, Silverstone is 150,000.
Old Aug 1st 2017, 1:03 pm
BE Enthusiast

UKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond reputeUKMS has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Grand Prix

Originally Posted by jam25mack
Nah, not in the mood for wind up merchants today.
Genuinely wasn't on a WU ..... I thought you were though ... splashing your motorsport CV all over the place and then I realized you were serious

This wasn't you in Canada was it ?