Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East
Reload this Page >

Abu Dhabi Family Visas - Are Utility Bills Mandatory?

Abu Dhabi Family Visas - Are Utility Bills Mandatory?

Old Apr 20th 2017, 7:20 am
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice
Default Abu Dhabi Family Visas - Are Utility Bills Mandatory?

Been in AD almost a month, I have my residence visa, my family are still on tourist visas.

Should get Emirates ID today after loads of "technical issues" which means I can get my chequebook and finally be able to settle my tenancy agreement and register it with Tawtheeq.

So all going well, I should soon be in a position to move into our apartment and apply for family visa for my family.

However, every guide I read online says I must also have the latest utility bill in addition to Tawtheeq-attested tenancy contract.

Considering the Tawtheeq process involves simultaneously registering you with ADDC for electricity connection, also providing a utility bill seems a bit redundant, plus it would mean having to wait at least another month before I can apply for family visa, having to pay for 3 x flights to do a visa run and my wife/child spending another month in the country without local medical insurance.

Anyone have any recent experiences with this and whether the utility bill in addition to all the other documentation (marriage/birth certs are all ready attested and translated where necessary) is absolutely mandatory?
Old Apr 20th 2017, 9:02 am
BE Forum Addict

IKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond reputeIKnowNothing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Abu Dhabi Family Visas - Are Utility Bills Mandatory?

You've made a fatal flaw.... You're thinking there's a justifiable reason behind a decision, there isn't, pretty pointless trying to argue it too.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

archie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to beholdarchie159 is a splendid one to behold

Presumably you get some letter of confirmation from ADDC that you are now registered? Could you not use that in lieu of the utility bill?
Last time I did anything like this, I found that the people in the Dept of Immigration were reasonably helpful at answering questions and agreeing to accept alternatives (I know I had by mistake brought a copy of something which was supposed to be an original, but they were OK with it). I'd pop in there if you can (or better still, send someone to do it for you) and ask. Or just go to one of the typing offices next door - they usually know exactly what is needed.
Old Apr 20th 2017, 5:08 pm
Forum Regular

Gavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really niceGavtek is just really nice

I haven't got that far yet, still waiting for Emirates ID before I can get my chequebook and I need my chequebook to pay my rent and I need to pay my rent to get the rental contract that I need to register and I need to register the rental contract before I get anywhere near ADDC. However, I hear that they give you a bill for the security deposit and I may be able to use that.

So just another few wild goose chases with a drizzle of "system is down come back tomorrow/go away I'm playing Candy Crush" to endure first.
Old Apr 22nd 2017, 10:14 am
BE Enthusiast

Bluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really niceBluelionesse is just really nice

If you are British/european there is no
need for flights.
Do a border run at Al Ain. Takes an afternoon and will cost you 85aed a head.
Originally Posted by Gavtek
Been in AD almost a month, I have my residence visa, my family are still on tourist visas.

Should get Emirates ID today after loads of "technical issues" which means I can get my chequebook and finally be able to settle my tenancy agreement and register it with Tawtheeq.

So all going well, I should soon be in a position to move into our apartment and apply for family visa for my family.

However, every guide I read online says I must also have the latest utility bill in addition to Tawtheeq-attested tenancy contract.

Considering the Tawtheeq process involves simultaneously registering you with ADDC for electricity connection, also providing a utility bill seems a bit redundant, plus it would mean having to wait at least another month before I can apply for family visa, having to pay for 3 x flights to do a visa run and my wife/child spending another month in the country without local medical insurance.

Anyone have any recent experiences with this and whether the utility bill in addition to all the other documentation (marriage/birth certs are all ready attested and translated where necessary) is absolutely mandatory?
Old Apr 24th 2017, 3:08 am
Just Joined

uspurs is an unknown quantity at this point

Once you have the ADDC account open, you can request a letter from them that Immigration will accept. I got such a letter last month and worked fine for renewing the visa for 'er indoors.

Originally Posted by Gavtek
I haven't got that far yet, still waiting for Emirates ID before I can get my chequebook and I need my chequebook to pay my rent and I need to pay my rent to get the rental contract that I need to register and I need to register the rental contract before I get anywhere near ADDC. However, I hear that they give you a bill for the security deposit and I may be able to use that.

So just another few wild goose chases with a drizzle of "system is down come back tomorrow/go away I'm playing Candy Crush" to endure first.