Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Who is from Yorkshire?

Who is from Yorkshire?

Old Aug 10th 2017, 4:10 am
BE Forum Addict

johnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond reputejohnwoo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is from Yorkshire?

I'm from Yorkshire by marriage, or is she a Londoner by marriage? Everyone there was up in arms when it was renamed Humberside.
Old Aug 10th 2017, 5:54 am
Forum Regular

Made in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud ofMade in Sheffield 1 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
I remember all the places you have mentioned. I lived in Shiregreen from the age of 11 to 18.
Because my parents lived on Leedham Road (they still live in the same house!), the council wanted me to go to Shiregreen School but as they both worked full time and my nan and granddad lived right opposite Wincobank School they let me go there instead. We always said we lived in High Wincobank as it sounded more posh!

I remember going to me nan and grandad's after school and having bacon, crozzle and red sauce sandwiches on proper white bread cut into quarters for tea. We all used to watch Son's & Daughters and Blockbusters on the telly.

Good, simple times.

My granddad died in 1989 when I was 14 and my nan was the grand old age of 94 when she passed away in 2009. Still miss them terribly.

Last edited by Made in Sheffield 1; Aug 10th 2017 at 5:59 am.
Old Aug 25th 2017, 8:24 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Sheffield born and bred from Parson Cross. Home of the brave, land of the free
Old Aug 25th 2017, 8:27 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop
Sheffield born and bred from Parson Cross. Home of the brave, land of the free
Whoa...I used to live there...Buchanan Road.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 4:58 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Whoa...I used to live there...Buchanan Road.
Knew Buchanan Road well. I lived on Milnrow Road just off Wordsworth Avenue, later moved to Rokeby Road
Old Aug 26th 2017, 12:12 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Knew Buchanan Road well. I lived on Milnrow Road just off Wordsworth Avenue, later moved to Rokeby Road
Our old house is no longer there...we moved to Shiregreen when I was 11. My aunt lived near the junction of Wordsworth and Deerlands Ave...right across from Parsons Cross Pub.

Small world. A lady in our condo building here in Toronto lived nearby too.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 5:45 am
Banned

Our old house is no longer there...we moved to Shiregreen when I was 11. My aunt lived near the junction of Wordsworth and Deerlands Ave...right across from Parsons Cross Pub.

Small world. A lady in our condo building here in Toronto lived nearby too.
My father sometimes drank at the Parson Cross pub. I used to go to the Saturday matinees at the Ritz cinema. I heard they demolished it a couple of years or so back.

I went to Chapeltown school and later Colley Road Secondary Modern.

In the late 1990s on a trip to UK I stopped by the old Chapeltown school. It was summer break but the caretaker was there that day and gave me a tour of the place. Much of it was the same as I remembered. There was even a little school museum with old wooden desks with ink wells. The type of desks we sat at. Sometimes I had to prepare the ink and fill the ink wells.

I dare say you're far too young to remember that era.

Sheffield itself has changed so much. I don't know what industries replaced the steel and cutlery trades but at least the air is a lot better than when I lived there.

Last edited by dc koop; Aug 29th 2017 at 5:54 am.
Old Aug 29th 2017, 10:16 am
SUPER MODERATOR

My father sometimes drank at the Parson Cross pub. I used to go to the Saturday matinees at the Ritz cinema. I heard they demolished it a couple of years or so back.

I went to Chapeltown school and later Colley Road Secondary Modern.

In the late 1990s on a trip to UK I stopped by the old Chapeltown school. It was summer break but the caretaker was there that day and gave me a tour of the place. Much of it was the same as I remembered. There was even a little school museum with old wooden desks with ink wells. The type of desks we sat at. Sometimes I had to prepare the ink and fill the ink wells.

I dare say you're far too young to remember that era.

Sheffield itself has changed so much. I don't know what industries replaced the steel and cutlery trades but at least the air is a lot better than when I lived there.
I used to go to the Saturday matinee at the Ritz too! I went to Fox Hill School until we moved to Shiregreen.

We used to go to Hillsborough swimming baths...then when we moved we went to the baths in Chapletown every Sat afternoon.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 12:47 am
Just Joined

salachar3 is an unknown quantity at this point

This thread is so old!!! Is there still anyone out there from Yorkshire??????
Old Jan 20th 2018, 1:03 am
BE Forum Addict

tom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond reputetom169 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by salachar3
This thread is so old!!! Is there still anyone out there from Yorkshire??????
Many of us are active.
Old Jan 20th 2018, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

salachar3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Excellent ... thanks!
Old Jan 22nd 2018, 6:23 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by tom169
Many of us are active.
Yes, we are.
Old Jan 29th 2018, 1:59 am
Just Joined

masymas will become famous soon enoughmasymas will become famous soon enough

From Leeds originally I last lived in Shipley and now in Maine!
Old Feb 4th 2018, 3:58 am
Just Joined

CazLock is an unknown quantity at this point

I recently moved from Harrogate to Oregon.

Missing the Yorkshire Dales and moors and banter.
Old Feb 4th 2018, 4:04 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by CazLock
I recently moved from Harrogate to Oregon.

Missing the Yorkshire Dales and moors and banter. ....
Hi CazLock, welcome to BE.

I am on the far side of the US from you, in NC, and originally from Sheffield.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.