Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Who is from Yorkshire?

Who is from Yorkshire?

Old Dec 12th 2011, 2:50 am
BE Forum Addict

Fish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond reputeFish n Chips 56 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Who is from Yorkshire?

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Shiregreen. I moved to South Manchester when I was 20...then to Chester.
Wow, not too far from where I worked, I have many fond memories of Sheffield, college, nightclubs and great shopping, its where I learned to drive, I know its changed alot but still it facinates me.

Thanks for your reply...
Old Dec 12th 2011, 3:38 am
Hello Moto!!!!!

IloveAlaska is an unknown quantity at this point

I am from West Yorkshire, between Dewsbury and Huddersfield.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 4:33 am
Just Joined

englishtea66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by KrisL1
Anyone from Yorkshire? I am orignially from North Yorkshire would be nice to know if anyone was from my part of the world living in the US now.
I am from just outside Middlesbrough... miss it :-(
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:09 am
Hello Moto!!!!!

IloveAlaska is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by helwardman
Dewsbury born and bred.
I'm from Mirfield!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 5:12 am
BE Enthusiast

CAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond reputeCAdreaming has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by englishtea66
I am from just outside Middlesbrough... miss it :-(
Hi,where about? I'm from Ormesby
Old Dec 12th 2011, 11:52 am
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Time for a nice cup of Yorkshire tea everybody
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:17 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Spent almost all our holidays in the Yorkshire Dales and if I had my way, I'd retire to a small cottage in the middle of Swaledale and live out the rest of my days there.
That was my plan too. Winters can be pretty tough up there though, so would have to "snowbird" it to somewhere like Stokelsey!

The 6th form college I went to had a row of old cottages above Low Row, just outside Reeth - we used to go up there for weekends, geography field trips, that sort of thing. Beautiful area. There were continual rumours that they were going to sell as they couldn't afford the upkeep, so we had friends and family keeping an eye out for when they came on the market - unfortunately we were overseas when they eventually did, and we missed it - they went for a song because they needed a lot of refurbishment. Looking for Plan B.............
Old Dec 12th 2011, 12:59 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad

The 6th form college I went to had a row of old cottages above Low Row, just outside Reeth - we used to go up there for weekends, geography field trips, that sort of thing. Beautiful area. There were continual rumours that they were going to sell as they couldn't afford the upkeep, so we had friends and family keeping an eye out for when they came on the market - unfortunately we were overseas when they eventually did, and we missed it - they went for a song because they needed a lot of refurbishment. Looking for Plan B.............
It's a small world. We had all our family vacations camping in a field by the river just between Low Row and Gunnerside. Our whole extended family used to take tents and caravans and we kids would spend all day playing by the river and floating on dinghies. At night we'd have a bonfire and roast potatoes over the open flame. Such fun times!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:06 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fish n Chips 56
Wow, not too far from where I worked, I have many fond memories of Sheffield, college, nightclubs and great shopping, its where I learned to drive, I know its changed alot but still it facinates me.

Thanks for your reply...
Small world eh?

A few years ago I overheard a Yorkshire accent whilst I was in a store here in NJ. I started chatting to the lady...she used to live in Attercliffe and went to my local high school.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:26 pm
Finally Home!

sallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond reputesallysimmons has a reputation beyond repute

Oh Jerseygirl I just saw your tagline - I'm so sorry for your loss. Charlie looks so sweet.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

jemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to beholdjemima55 is a splendid one to behold

Yes, sorry, Jerseygirl, he looks really sweet!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sallysimmons
Oh Jerseygirl I just saw your tagline - I'm so sorry for your loss. Charlie looks so sweet.
Originally Posted by jemima55
Yes, sorry, Jerseygirl, he looks really sweet!
Thank you. She was my loyal friend and companion for over 13 years.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Sorry, it did cross my mind Charlie may have been a she!
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

englishtea66 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CAdreaming
Hi,where about? I'm from Ormesby
Part of my family still live in Eston, My parents moved and live in Redcar.
Old Dec 12th 2011, 1:58 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by jemima55
Sorry, it did cross my mind Charlie may have been a she!
No problems...I would have assumed she was a he too with a name like Charlie. We named her Charlie because she is a King Charles Cavalier Spaniel.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.