New York

Old Sep 21st 2012, 4:11 am
Forum Regular

craig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nice
Default Re: New York

Ok, so maybe a Monday afternoon for coffee?
Old Sep 21st 2012, 4:13 am
Forum Regular

craig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nicecraig_sp is just really nice

I had not factored spouses in, had not occurred to me for a meet-up like this, but of course feel free :-)
Old Sep 21st 2012, 4:18 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

I'm the American. My husband is the Scot. We've met up with some people on here before. Haven't had the best experiences for the most part. He's a bit gunshy about it now. I'm always game.
Old Sep 21st 2012, 4:21 am
Forum Regular

Oh, sorry - my mistake! I'm sure you probably mentioned that before, so sorry I forgot! I'm also sorry to hear that you have had some bad experiences meeting people like this before, this would be a first for me, but I am new here. I guess I can see that coming from the same country does not necessarily ensure a great deal of common interests, but we can try! I am keen to hear how others are faring here and to hear their stories! :-)
Old Sep 21st 2012, 4:36 am

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by craig_sp
Oh, sorry - my mistake! I'm sure you probably mentioned that before, so sorry I forgot! I'm also sorry to hear that you have had some bad experiences meeting people like this before, this would be a first for me, but I am new here. I guess I can see that coming from the same country does not necessarily ensure a great deal of common interests, but we can try! I am keen to hear how others are faring here and to hear their stories! :-)
No problem. We've gotten together with two couples from here. One of them were really odd and we had nothing in commen with. The other I became friendly with the US Spouse but then her husband was becoming abusive and she wasn't getting help and then I stopped hearing from them.

We went to some Big Apple Brits meetups. Mostly young Brits on work visas. Not overly friendly.
Old Sep 26th 2012, 1:38 pm
Forum Regular

Charma1ne will become famous soon enoughCharma1ne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by penguinbar
No problem. We've gotten together with two couples from here. One of them were really odd and we had nothing in commen with. The other I became friendly with the US Spouse but then her husband was becoming abusive and she wasn't getting help and then I stopped hearing from them.

We went to some Big Apple Brits meetups. Mostly young Brits on work visas. Not overly friendly.
This fills me with confidence.... haha I am away for just over two weeks atm! But a Monday sounds good to me

Even if you meet up before I could catch you all the next time (let you all sus out the mass murderers first...lol)

Cx
Old Sep 26th 2012, 3:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry, had missed these posts. A Monday sounds good to me, although I have quite a bit on over the next 2/3 weeks, but I'm game. At the end of the day, we might find that we're all weirdo's and have nothing in common..... then again, we might all get on like a house on fire, and believe me, the more friends you make in a new country, the better!! Lets all decide on a date then and see if we can tie in with everyone
Old Sep 26th 2012, 3:32 pm
Forum Regular

Charma1ne will become famous soon enoughCharma1ne will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Brat1
Sorry, had missed these posts. A Monday sounds good to me, although I have quite a bit on over the next 2/3 weeks, but I'm game. At the end of the day, we might find that we're all weirdo's and have nothing in common..... then again, we might all get on like a house on fire, and believe me, the more friends you make in a new country, the better!! Lets all decide on a date then and see if we can tie in with everyone
Well if you're busy for 2 - 3 weeks then how about we say the 22nd? I could make that and you could make that...everyone else?

Cx
Old Sep 26th 2012, 7:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Brat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond reputeBrat1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Charma1ne
Well if you're busy for 2 - 3 weeks then how about we say the 22nd? I could make that and you could make that...everyone else?

Cx
October 22nd sounds good to me, my birthday's on the 24th, so we could have a wee celebration drinky
Old Sep 26th 2012, 11:05 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Brat1
October 22nd sounds good to me, my birthday's on the 24th, so we could have a wee celebration drinky
Aww wow yeah we should I love that this coffee has turned into a drink! Clearly there IS a lot of Scottish blood going around in here I am getting pretty excited hopefully we can all make it

Cx
Old Sep 27th 2012, 1:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Aww wow yeah we should I love that this coffee has turned into a drink! Clearly there IS a lot of Scottish blood going around in here I am getting pretty excited hopefully we can all make it

Cx
Old Sep 28th 2012, 4:57 am

I can do the 22nd! If it's a definate my husband can take the day off. If not I can go anyway!
Old Sep 28th 2012, 4:58 am

This fills me with confidence.... haha I am away for just over two weeks atm! But a Monday sounds good to me

Even if you meet up before I could catch you all the next time (let you all sus out the mass murderers first...lol)

Cx
Not trying to put you off. Just being honest! Some of these meetups are really for young singles. Some of the girls were friendly to my husband but then they found out he was married and they buggered off! The guys were basically a bunch of young tossers.
Old Sep 28th 2012, 9:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by penguinbar
Not trying to put you off. Just being honest! Some of these meetups are really for young singles. Some of the girls were friendly to my husband but then they found out he was married and they buggered off! The guys were basically a bunch of young tossers.
Oh well, I'm defo not in the young singles bracket so you're all safe Are we all agreed on the 22nd then, or is there another date that suits?? October 22nd is okay for me, the train gets in to Grand Central early afternoon I think, unless it's changed to Winter schedule by then
Old Sep 28th 2012, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

I am good with October 22nd I am young but I'm married so dont stress about your husband haha ! I will see if he can make it too but I warn you all he is pretty quiet until he gets to know people unless he has a few drinks so we will see :P

Cx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.