New to Chicago

Old Feb 2nd 2012, 2:47 am
Just Joined

GrantAsh27 is an unknown quantity at this point
Cool New to Chicago

Hey folks

I moved to Chicago from London a few months ago and am looking for some like minded Brits who want to see and experience everything the city has to offer.

I'm 27yo male who works in advertising and lives in Streeterville (so I'm obviously very cool )

If you're in your 20s/30s, are fun, outgoing and enjoy that great British past time of binge drinking, let me know and lets meet up. Maybe we can even build our own expat 'crew' and wave english flags and sing the national anthem? I am of course joking.

Grant
Old Feb 19th 2012, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

fullmoonsong is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: New to Chicago

Hello mate.

Just moved to Chicago last week, and have had to go a whole 7 days without any conversation touching the topics of: (association!) football, beer, Yorkshire puddings, the England manager, the NHS, the cricket team, weather etc. etc.

How are you finding it out here?

Ben.
Old Feb 19th 2012, 10:23 pm
Just Joined

GrantAsh27 is an unknown quantity at this point

Alright mate,

Welcome to Chicago!

I've been here 4 months and love it. This place has everything you could ever ask for and more. I do miss British banter though - particularly when it comes to sport and sense of humour (it's very tame out here).

Where abouts are you based? Met many people yet?

I live River North but still need to check out all the main watering holes particularly around Lincoln Park, Wicker Park, etc. Let me know if you're interested

FYI good luck staying up to date with the cricket over here.... you can say goodbye to that sport for a while!
Grant
Old Feb 26th 2012, 11:57 pm
Forum Regular

xathras is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys,

I'm Wayne and I live near Licoln Park, I'm 30 (literally today) and open to events, a few beers and meeting new people

All the best
Wayne
Old Feb 27th 2012, 2:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.theglobepub.com/index.shtml

This place would be a good start, for you Chicgoans.

Jim.
Old May 13th 2012, 5:01 pm
Just Joined

Longy1980 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi gents,

I know this is a very late response to the post, so apologies.

I have just moved to West Loop after living in corporate housing in the suburbs for 6 weeks. Work has kept me pretty busy too traveling almost every week since I got here 7 weeks ago.

But, I'm now living down town and need to begin to settle in. Have made a couple of friends but missing some British banter and sarcasm. Would be great to meet up with some Brits for a few beers and find the best boozers.

Would be great to hear from you guys.

My name is Nick and I'm 32.

Cheers!
Old May 13th 2012, 5:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Longy1980
Hi gents,

I know this is a very late response to the post, so apologies.

I have just moved to West Loop after living in corporate housing in the suburbs for 6 weeks. Work has kept me pretty busy too traveling almost every week since I got here 7 weeks ago.

But, I'm now living down town and need to begin to settle in. Have made a couple of friends but missing some British banter and sarcasm. Would be great to meet up with some Brits for a few beers and find the best boozers.

Would be great to hear from you guys.

My name is Nick and I'm 32.

Cheers!
There are several "Elephant & Castles" Downtown.

Wabash & Lake
Adams Street
Huron & St Clair

If I'm staying Downtown, I like to go to the one on Huron. Good Beer and Food - Not too big either.

Jim.