Isle of Wight

Old Jan 17th 2018, 1:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Isle of Wight

Anybody anywhere in the US from the IOW UK?
Old Jan 17th 2018, 9:38 am
Just Joined

nickjs247 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Isle of Wight

I'm from the IOW but still living in the UK. Looking to move to Oregon next January though.

Where in the US are you?
Old Jan 18th 2018, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Amie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond reputeAmie06 has a reputation beyond repute

Alabama, 30 minutes west of Birmingham, what part of IOW? I am from East Cowes.
Old Jan 18th 2018, 7:29 pm
`

BEVS has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by Amie06
I'm not from the Isle of Wight but being Bournemouth born and bred I know the Isle of Wight a little bit.
Old Jan 30th 2018, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

nickjs247 is an unknown quantity at this point

From Cowes. Looking to pop over there in March - just have to book a very expensive ferry. Was going at Easter but they just hike the prices up so much.

It's a nice place to grow up but I'm glad I left when I did.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 6:47 am
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

I grew up in Ryde, left when I was 18. Couldn’t wait to leave but now love to go back visiting friends and family. My American wife absolutely loves the place! Hoping to finish off my visa process in the next couple of months and move to Texas.
Old Apr 12th 2018, 3:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Hope it all works ok for you, my American wife loves the Island and the north island, history is what makes England so attractive for Americans.
Old Apr 15th 2018, 2:27 am

Englishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond reputeEnglishmum has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keoman
I grew up in Ryde, left when I was 18. Couldn’t wait to leave but now love to go back visiting friends and family. My American wife absolutely loves the place! Hoping to finish off my visa process in the next couple of months and move to Texas.
My daughter lives in Ryde, near the beach. I wish she would move to the mainland, it’s such a pain to get to the island, especially after a Transatlantic flight 🙁
Old Apr 15th 2018, 2:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Move her to the US !!!
Old Apr 16th 2018, 9:23 pm
BE Forum Addict

Jan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond reputeJan Alaska has a reputation beyond repute

Family are all from the Island, last time I got back there was 5 years ago and now we are down to just a couple of family members living in Cowes and Ryde while everyone else ended up in Yorkshire ... guess where I end up when I visit nowadays.
Old Apr 17th 2018, 6:58 am
Forum Regular

flbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really niceflbrit59 is just really nice

I'm from Pompey originally but lived in Ryde (St Johns) for a couple of years. I love the island..wish l was still there actually !