Indiana

Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:09 pm
Just Joined

Clare21 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Indiana

I got here 6 weeks ago, so I'm still settling in, although I'd visited before (my husband was living here when we met). How did you come to be in Indiana?
Old Sep 26th 2011, 5:38 pm
***** regular

Yorkshire Loiner is an unknown quantity at this point

I came here from California with my wife who is Californian, there was no work out there that was permanent so i found a job over here.
We originally met in Hawaii and lived together for two years till we moved to the mainland.
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:09 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Loiner
I came here from California with my wife who is Californian, there was no work out there that was permanent so i found a job over here.
We originally met in Hawaii and lived together for two years till we moved to the mainland.
Hawaii then California and then Indiana?! Bit of a change there in climate!

I've been in Carmel (just north of Indianapolis) for 2 years now and I'm hoping this winter is not as bad as the last one! That ice storm was bloody awful!
Old Sep 26th 2011, 6:24 pm
***** regular

Hi SarahG
No shit i was freezing, we went back to Yorkshire at Christmas and it was worse!!
I wish we could have stayed in Hawaii
Old Sep 28th 2011, 1:10 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

Hi
I have been in Scottsburg, Indiana for the last year i'm originally from LEEDS Yorkshire.I have been in the states for the last four years.
Ay-up lad!

I'm not in Indiana but I am from Leeds, I've been down in that part of the world though, it's nice.

We stopped near Columbus IN once, weird place, we'd taken Indiana-7 from Madison IN, its a nice little river crossing town on the state boarder.
Old Sep 28th 2011, 7:33 pm
***** regular

How doo bud.
Good to hear from you mate, my town is a little strange too with about 9000 population, half way between Louisville and Indy on the I65.
I'm looking for a change in scenery, its just a bit too rural out here for me!
what brings you out here?
Old Sep 28th 2011, 10:14 pm
Sleepless In Chicago

MrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to beholdMrEmjoy is a splendid one to behold

How doo bud.
Good to hear from you mate, my town is a little strange too with about 9000 population, half way between Louisville and Indy on the I65.
I'm looking for a change in scenery, its just a bit too rural out here for me!
what brings you out here?
The wife! I came over for three months.....3 and a half years ago! oops!
Old Sep 28th 2011, 10:27 pm
***** regular

Thumbs up Re: Indiana

There,s a coincidence i met the wife in Hawaii four years ago now I'M a permanent resident and working here!!
Old Dec 14th 2011, 8:10 pm
Just Joined

Icehockeybrit is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Lebanon Indiana, just North West of Indianapolis.
There are allot of us in the Northwest Indianapolis area.....thanks to Rolls Royce. If ever you are in the Zionsville area on a Thursday lunch time there is a group of us (pretty much all women, but that's more because the men are at work) that meet every week...including children if you have them with you. There is a coffee shop called Eagle Creek Cofffee Co, we are usually there from around 11:30.....and you won't be able to miss us, we're the noisiest lot in there lol

Oh and I'm from Birmingham
Old Dec 14th 2011, 10:55 pm
***** regular

Thanks Icehockeybrit
But i took off to the keys last month so i am looking for Brits down here now.
If i do get back up that end ill call in
Old Dec 15th 2011, 4:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

SarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond reputeSarahG has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Icehockeybrit
I'm in Lebanon Indiana, just North West of Indianapolis.
There are allot of us in the Northwest Indianapolis area.....thanks to Rolls Royce. If ever you are in the Zionsville area on a Thursday lunch time there is a group of us (pretty much all women, but that's more because the men are at work) that meet every week...including children if you have them with you. There is a coffee shop called Eagle Creek Cofffee Co, we are usually there from around 11:30.....and you won't be able to miss us, we're the noisiest lot in there lol

Oh and I'm from Birmingham
If a lot of them are from RR then I may already know some of them. Between RR and Eli Lily there sure are a lot of Brits in the area!
Old Dec 16th 2011, 1:21 pm
Just Joined

Icehockeybrit is an unknown quantity at this point

They are either RR Lilly or a couple linked to motorsport. The people fluctuate, but there is almost always someone sat there drinking to much coffee on a Thursday lol
Old Dec 17th 2011, 2:50 pm
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SarahG
Hawaii then California and then Indiana?! Bit of a change there in climate!

I've been in Carmel (just north of Indianapolis) for 2 years now and I'm hoping this winter is not as bad as the last one! That ice storm was bloody awful!

I had lunch at Carrabbas, in Carmel, last Saturday. Then walked over to World Market and bought a Tin of Quality Street.

Jim.
Old Dec 17th 2011, 5:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Scouse Express
I had lunch at Carrabbas, in Carmel, last Saturday. Then walked over to World Market and bought a Tin of Quality Street.

Jim.
I'm going there today to buy the very same thing for Christmas Day. Having Christmas dinner with 10 other British Expats so I don't think the tin will last the night!