Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Houston meet-up

Houston meet-up

Old May 6th 2012, 4:47 pm
Forum Regular

raithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Houston meet-up

Is the meet up definately confirmed?????? I would love to meet up with some of the guys from the Forum. Still a bit lonely here in Houston at the moment!!!
Old May 9th 2012, 4:56 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

What part of Houston are you in Raithrovers?

If you're out west, happy to meet up any time. Drink a lot of coffee (Weeze knows where, though never seen her there!) but not able to ge tout much in the evenings as wife is working out of town during the week.

Don't know if the 19th is still on or not, but I'm not going to be there....sons Scout Troop are canoeing down the Guadalupe that weekend and I have to go.....

But summer hols are approaching - open to any meetups, any time, pretty much anywhere....think Sugarmooma had suggested a barbie down at Brazos Bend which is a regular for us anyway....
Old May 16th 2012, 4:45 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

OK now the 19th is rapidly approaching and this thread has gone really quiet......I'm not one to say I told you so, but....

Anyway, we can' make it (canoeing the Guadalupe with the Scouts), but if anyone else is thinking about it, consider yourself bumped. . . .

And if anyone in the Katy area (yes, you know who I mean) fancies a coffee at Dunn Bros any morning this week, just name the time.
Old May 16th 2012, 7:31 am
Forum Regular

Emmas is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm still not in Houston yet, but good news is that the visa has been approved and hubby is coming over mid June I'll be coming over in July time.

It is hard to arrange a meet up Yorkieabroad you're right!

I will not give up though, and will arrange another meet up once I'm actually in Houston

Hope everyone is enjoying the weather out there. Aberdeen in Scotland has mostly been cold, grey and very wet!

Em x
Old May 16th 2012, 11:21 am
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
OK now the 19th is rapidly approaching and this thread has gone really quiet......I'm not one to say I told you so, but....

Anyway, we can' make it (canoeing the Guadalupe with the Scouts), but if anyone else is thinking about it, consider yourself bumped. . . .

And if anyone in the Katy area (yes, you know who I mean) fancies a coffee at Dunn Bros any morning this week, just name the time.
19th is a no for us. M is on call and there is also a very important game I need to be watching.

Go Chelsea!!!!!!!!
Old May 16th 2012, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

raithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the roughraithrovers1 is a jewel in the rough

What part of Houston are you in Raithrovers?

If you're out west, happy to meet up any time. Drink a lot of coffee (Weeze knows where, though never seen her there!) but not able to ge tout much in the evenings as wife is working out of town during the week.

Don't know if the 19th is still on or not, but I'm not going to be there....sons Scout Troop are canoeing down the Guadalupe that weekend and I have to go.....

But summer hols are approaching - open to any meetups, any time, pretty much anywhere....think Sugarmooma had suggested a barbie down at Brazos Bend which is a regular for us anyway....
Yorkie

I stay in Friendswood. There doesn't seem to be a large expat community down here like there is in Katy!
Old May 16th 2012, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

newtohouston is an unknown quantity at this point

I arrive in Houston at the end of June and start working 1 July...would love to meet some Brits over there...
Old May 16th 2012, 3:39 pm

Originally Posted by raithrovers1
Yorkie

I stay in Friendswood. There doesn't seem to be a large expat community down here like there is in Katy!
Its a regular Little Britain down here (not sure who the only gay is yet...)
And Little India
And Little China
And Little Norway

You'll have to come over sometime - hey, there's an idea, lets organize a meetup
Old May 28th 2012, 4:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Bomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond reputeBomjeito has a reputation beyond repute

so...what happened?

This thread went cold...

Thanks to all that try/tried...we'd be up for a meet up, but not outside at this point.
Old May 30th 2012, 9:49 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Weeze and I were in there this AM. I didn't see anyone who looked like they were from Yorkshire...
Old May 30th 2012, 11:14 pm

Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond reputeWeeze has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Yorkieabroad;10063355And if anyone in the Katy area (yes, you know who I mean) fancies a coffee at Dunn Bros any morning this week, just name the time.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, just seen this! I do tend to look at the men there now in case any are British but I fear they think I am trying to chat them up
I'll pm you next time I'm headed there
Old May 31st 2012, 2:14 am

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
Weeze and I were in there this AM. I didn't see anyone who looked like they were from Yorkshire...
Ah, I got a drive thru about 9.30.....I'm not often inside (the chairs are starting to look a bit manky!) but I was in there yesterday at 10.30 with a Scottish lady. But she wasn't wearing her kilt, and its too hot for my wellies and flat cap, so you wouldn't have recognised us anyway
Old May 31st 2012, 2:15 am

Originally Posted by Weeze
Sorry, just seen this! I do tend to look at the men there now in case any are British but I fear they think I am trying to chat them up
I'll pm you next time I'm headed there
Let me know - but now you've missed the chance of a civilized chat, cos tomorrow is the last day of school till the end of August
Old May 31st 2012, 11:24 am
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Ah, I got a drive thru about 9.30.....I'm not often inside (the chairs are starting to look a bit manky!) but I was in there yesterday at 10.30 with a Scottish lady. But she wasn't wearing her kilt, and its too hot for my wellies and flat cap, so you wouldn't have recognised us anyway
We were in there around 9:30 - closest Houston meet up in years?
Old May 31st 2012, 12:13 pm

I reckon thats close enough to count!!

Lets just take it gently - next time I guess we could set a goal of saying hello - who knows, by the 3rd or 4th "meeting" we might work ourselves up to exchanging names!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.