Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Due a failed Houston meet up soon?

Due a failed Houston meet up soon?

Old Oct 19th 2012, 9:43 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Due a failed Houston meet up soon?

Originally Posted by Weeze
I can promise you one thing. THERE WILL BE NO LEFTOVER CHEESE SCONES.
Have you gone mad?

@sugarmooma sounds like a plan.
Old Oct 20th 2012, 12:08 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

Oven's on
Old Oct 21st 2012, 6:31 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond reputescrubbedexpat097 has a reputation beyond repute

.....and????

Was the failed meet up a success???
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:04 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma
.....and????

Was the failed meet up a success???
The failed meet up was indeed a success. Apparently we do actually exist!

We'd certainly be up for doing it again before Xmas and would be open to location.
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:08 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bink
The failed meet up was indeed a success. Apparently we do actually exist!

We'd certainly be up for doing it again before Xmas and would be open to location.
So you are not all pixels then..that's a relief

Thinking cap on...you can all travel towards me next time maybe?

I have an idea. I'll check it out and get back to you
Old Oct 21st 2012, 8:14 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Let us know when you've checked it out. I have no issue travelling towards you (South, right?)
We're probably limited to about an hours travel each way give or take due to the little man.
Travelling further than that requires careful planning on nap times as he can get a little grouchy if he's stuck in the car and wants to be playing instead!
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 2:10 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Yup, worked well.

Spent the whole journey there explaining to my 7 year old that while we've always told her never to give personal info over the internet, or arrange to meet anyone that she meets on the internet, its a bit like drinking beer and driving cars - she's not allowed, but its OK for me to do it cos I'm an adult.....

Anyway, we were the last to get there, and parked about 100 yards from the pretty crowded gazebo and playground where we were supposed to meet. As we get out of the car, I started heading straight to a group on the far side.
"How do you know thats them?" asks the wee one.
"I don't know, they just look like Brits...." I replied...

Good to know the radar is still working

We'll be up for another one before Christmas - this weather is too good to waste. We're all up to date on shots and passports, so a trip south could work for us too
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 9:53 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Yup, worked well.

Spent the whole journey there explaining to my 7 year old that while we've always told her never to give personal info over the internet, or arrange to meet anyone that she meets on the internet, its a bit like drinking beer and driving cars - she's not allowed, but its OK for me to do it cos I'm an adult.....

Anyway, we were the last to get there, and parked about 100 yards from the pretty crowded gazebo and playground where we were supposed to meet. As we get out of the car, I started heading straight to a group on the far side.
"How do you know thats them?" asks the wee one.
"I don't know, they just look like Brits...." I replied...

Good to know the radar is still working

We'll be up for another one before Christmas - this weather is too good to waste. We're all up to date on shots and passports, so a trip south could work for us too
Cheeky git
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:40 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I'm only immunized for West Africa, will I be OK?
Old Oct 23rd 2012, 11:43 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
I'm only immunized for West Africa, will I be OK?
You are not too big for a slap young man
Old Oct 30th 2012, 3:55 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

I'm immunized for South Africa but it didn't stop me getting the child-killer flu that was going around the week I was there!

Anyway I am new to the boards and a longtime Houston resident (Galleria area) and I'm working through the immigration process with my new Northern Irish husband. Since he's flying out soon for a visit over the holidays, we might both be up for a meetup in the southwest portion of the city
Old Oct 31st 2012, 4:39 am

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute

Just like bl**dy buses....you wait 10 years for one, then along come 2, barely a month apart!
Old Oct 31st 2012, 8:14 pm
Mouthy Yank

Speedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond reputeSpeedwell has a reputation beyond repute

Just like bl**dy buses....you wait 10 years for one, then along come 2, barely a month apart!
So long as you get where you want to go!
Old Nov 4th 2012, 11:45 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Any further update on your idea SM?
Old Nov 4th 2012, 11:55 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Bink
Any further update on your idea SM?
http://www.brazoria-county.com/parks...ana/index.html

although it might be better in the springtime for this destination

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.