Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Cleveland Ohio?

Cleveland Ohio?

Old Jul 15th 2016, 1:01 pm
Forum Regular

glemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Cleveland Ohio?

I'm in seven hills, so neighboring Parma.
take care
Old Jul 19th 2016, 9:21 am
Just Joined

Tristatek is an unknown quantity at this point

Any recommendations or warnings re: utilities, internet, etc?
Old Jul 19th 2016, 9:48 am
Forum Regular

glemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of lightglemo is a glorious beacon of light

Just as most developed developed countries, way too much choice.
personally I stay away from the long term contracts and those with cancellation fees. Wrt the internet for home I use the mobile hotspot on my cell phone, that gives me 9G/month for my devices and web access on my cell is unlimited...for tv I cancelled cable tv and use the free channels 20 +, no tv license needed here... Cable etc can run easily $100 +/ month....
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:30 am
Just Joined

Thanks glemo - we are going to see how long we last without TV (we don't really watch shows here, except on iplayer or amazon video). I have bad memories of sales tactics used by large TV/internet companies...!

Our current data plan transfers free to the US so we will be using that for the short term while we investigate faster plans.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:39 am
Forum Regular

Sounds good, all the best with the move.
Old Jul 19th 2016, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Any advice on cars/ car dealerships / local classifieds? We are looking for a ford ranger and a compact hybrid (c-max, Prius). My dad says to get the focus hybrid. Will we regret getting a compact car? I loved the c-max when we rented it in the rockies earlier this year!
Old Jul 19th 2016, 11:10 am
Forum Regular

The ford ranger hasn't been made for a while.
I have problems with connecting on this site.
if you want, you can PM ( message) easier that way...
Old Jul 19th 2016, 11:24 am
Just Joined

Thanks :-) we are looking at (gently) used vehicles. I am unsure how to PM!
Old Dec 14th 2016, 12:31 am
Just Joined

ScottishChris is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like there is quite a few Brits in the Cleveland area. Anyone want to get together for a pint?
Old Dec 18th 2016, 7:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ScottishChris
Sounds like there is quite a few Brits in the Cleveland area. Anyone want to get together for a pint?
Hi! Welcome to BE!

There used to be a British Club in the Cleveland area, but unfortunately it fell apart. It looks like you're over on the west side of Cleveland. I live in the Eastern suburbs (edge of the snowbelt unfortunately). Maybe when the weather is better we can arrange for a get together. Merry Christmas to you. What part of Scotland are you from?
Old Dec 29th 2016, 2:29 am
Just Joined

ScottishChris is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Derrygal
Hi! Welcome to BE!

There used to be a British Club in the Cleveland area, but unfortunately it fell apart. It looks like you're over on the west side of Cleveland. I live in the Eastern suburbs (edge of the snowbelt unfortunately). Maybe when the weather is better we can arrange for a get together. Merry Christmas to you. What part of Scotland are you from?

It would be a good laugh to meet some other Brits. I live in Fairview Park. I'm from Glasgow. Where are you from? How long have you been over here? Have a fun Hogmanay!
Old Jul 28th 2017, 8:01 pm
ech

PC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to behold

I'm moving to Lakewood in about a month. There's a bar on Melrose, just outside of the east end of Cleveland called Griffin Cider House & Gin Bar that's owned and run by brits.

Also now I think about it there's a bar near the Progressive Field that has loads of British beer, Flanagan's I think. First pint of Boddies I've had in a while.

There's a Geordie that works at the Great Lakes pub, he's alright.

Last edited by PC01; Jul 28th 2017 at 8:14 pm.
Old Aug 24th 2017, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by PC01
I'm moving to Lakewood in about a month. There's a bar on Melrose, just outside of the east end of Cleveland called Griffin Cider House & Gin Bar that's owned and run by br
Also now I think about it there's a bar near the Progressive Field that has loads of British beer, Flanagan's I think. First pint of Boddies I've had in a while.

Good luck with your move, I've heard of the cider place, haven't been.
Cheers
Old Aug 27th 2017, 3:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Duncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond reputeDuncan Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PC01
I'm moving to Lakewood in about a month. There's a bar on Melrose, just outside of the east end of Cleveland called Griffin Cider House & Gin Bar that's owned and run by brits.

Technically Griffin Cider House isn't owned by brits, but Griffin Cider Works is. It's agreat place with great cider!
Old Aug 27th 2017, 4:36 pm
ech

PC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to beholdPC01 is a splendid one to behold

I'll amend my notes immediately!