Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in West Michigan / Grand Rapids?

Brits in West Michigan / Grand Rapids?

Old Dec 7th 2013, 2:18 am
BE Enthusiast

E17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud of
Default Brits in West Michigan / Grand Rapids?

Found a couple of old (closed) threads with people in the GR area, hoping to revive something here. I've not been on this forum for a long while. I moved here in 1999, spent a while in Muskegon and Holland and have now settled in GR, been here 5 years. We live downtown. Enjoying all GR has to offer. Anyone fancy a meet-up?
Old Dec 12th 2013, 4:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Philk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond reputePhilk has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Brits in West Michigan / Grand Rapids?

I'd be up for that now that I've settled into life in Michigan

Probably best for me to get all this Christmas chaos out of the way ( we'll be going to MA for a week ) and arrange something for early next year?

( that's if I haven't already bumped into you at the footy bar!! )
Old Dec 12th 2013, 9:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

E17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud ofE17Avenue has much to be proud of

Sounds good to me! We'll sort something out for January or so. Let's also have a think on this thread about where to meet. I like the idea of the great GR breweries, such as Vivant, GRBC, Founders, Mitten, Harmony, etc etc... maybe also exploring the area around each one. So many people in GR, whether newly arrived or having lived here a while, don't know what the city has to offer.
Old Dec 15th 2013, 7:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

This has popped up a couple of times on facebook recently... we made number one, wanted to share in case you had not seen it

http://www.lonelyplanet.com/usa/trav...tions-for-2014
Old Dec 17th 2013, 7:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

It's what we have been discovering for the last few years since moving to GR. It's a city that has reinvented itself over the past 10-15 years.