Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Brits in New Jersey???

Brits in New Jersey???

Old Jan 18th 2014, 4:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice
Default Re: Brits in New Jersey???

[QUOTE=Suz16;11084070]Oops, we forgot about that carry on at Target! But don't worry, it happened before Christmas and I'm sure they gave taken steps to remedy it now.

Really enjoyed meeting you all last night! We will definitely make it a monthly thing.

Have a nice weekend everyone![/QUOTE

Had a lovely time meeting everyone and definitely agree that we should make it a regular outing.

So happy that Bigfootmum found Target!
Old May 17th 2014, 10:25 pm
Just Joined

Kylidevil is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Ladies,

Are you still enjoying regular meet-ups?

Our visa application has just gone in (L1) and we are looking to move out to Madison at the end of September. We came out when a move was first on the cards in 2012 and I will be visiting again next week to check out schools (I have a 8 and 10 year old) and have another look around to make sure we have made the right choice.

It would be great to join you when we finally get there!
Old May 17th 2014, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Bigfootmum is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there Kylidevil, narr, we haven't met up since Feb but I'd definitely be up for it (what do you think ladies??) it was fun... and definitely up for hooking up in September when you arrive for real. I was only in Madison this afternoon (Stop and Shop in Madison is the closest thing to a UK supermarket for miles around!) and it has a lovely buzzy 'downtown'. Good luck with the recce visit. Keep us posted. Bx
Old May 18th 2014, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

Thank you Bigfootmum! I will keep you posted. I'm sure as time moves on I will have questions but for now my pondering is mostly answered by searching the forum :-)
Old May 18th 2014, 5:02 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bigfootmum
Hi there Kylidevil, narr, we haven't met up since Feb but I'd definitely be up for it (what do you think ladies??) it was fun... and definitely up for hooking up in September when you arrive for real. I was only in Madison this afternoon (Stop and Shop in Madison is the closest thing to a UK supermarket for miles around!) and it has a lovely buzzy 'downtown'. Good luck with the recce visit. Keep us posted. Bx
Did you get some British goodies from Gary's?
Old May 20th 2014, 1:46 pm
Forum Regular

mum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond reputemum 2 3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
Did you get some British goodies from Gary's?
Have you been holding out on us?? What British goodies can I get in Gary's? Was in Madison for a track meet at the weekend and 2 of my boys are doing a week at a summer camp there...
Old May 20th 2014, 2:20 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Gary's is on the corner...by the traffic lights...at the front/side of Super Shop n Stop. There is also one in Bernardsville and another on Rt 23 North in Wayne

He has a British section in each store.

http://www.garyswine.com/local/madis...FY0WMgodQFEAHQ
Old May 20th 2014, 11:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

denzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nicedenzil75 is just really nice

Gary's is on the corner...by the traffic lights...at the front/side of Super Shop n Stop. There is also one in Bernardsville and another on Rt 23 North in Wayne

He has a British section in each store.

http://www.garyswine.com/local/madis...FY0WMgodQFEAHQ
Sadly, it's not been as well stocked lately. Hoping it's just temporary!
Old May 20th 2014, 11:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Kylidevil
Hi Ladies,

Are you still enjoying regular meet-ups?

Our visa application has just gone in (L1) and we are looking to move out to Madison at the end of September. We came out when a move was first on the cards in 2012 and I will be visiting again next week to check out schools (I have a 8 and 10 year old) and have another look around to make sure we have made the right choice.

It would be great to join you when we finally get there!
Welcome! We are in the town next to Madison (Florham Park) and I have many friends in Madison, the schools are good and I think you'll find it to be a nice, friendly town. It has a nice little down town area that you can stroll round and even has a cinema. We often take the kids to McCool's for an ice cream treat and Poor Herbies isn't a bad hang out if you are looking for a pub!
Old May 20th 2014, 11:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Bigfootmum
Was it really back in February??? We've not been very good at meeting up regularly have we? You must be well and truly settled in now. Maybe we should plan another meet up soon.
Old May 21st 2014, 12:34 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by denzil75
Sadly, it's not been as well stocked lately. Hoping it's just temporary!
We moved from NJ last November...so it's been a while since I last shopped at Gary's. That's a shame...I often used to pop down to his store in Bernardsville for my Brit fix.
Old May 21st 2014, 6:20 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by denzil75
Welcome! We are in the town next to Madison (Florham Park) and I have many friends in Madison, the schools are good and I think you'll find it to be a nice, friendly town. It has a nice little down town area that you can stroll round and even has a cinema. We often take the kids to McCool's for an ice cream treat and Poor Herbies isn't a bad hang out if you are looking for a pub!
Thank you! When we visited in 2012 we loved Madison, I'm hoping when I visit next week it is as I remember! Will make sure I check out the suggested spots you mention. We enjoyed a trip to the bowling alley last time :-)
Old May 21st 2014, 11:17 am
Forum Regular

Suz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond reputeSuz16 has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Kylidevil, welcome!

I would definitely be up for another meetup soon, especially now the weather is much better. Anyone fancy organising it? I think we spoke about having it in Florham Park next time, I wouldn't mind travelling there.

Kylidevil you will love Madison, it's one of my favourite towns in Morris county.
Old May 22nd 2014, 8:13 pm
BE Enthusiast

We moved from NJ last November...so it's been a while since I last shopped at Gary's. That's a shame...I often used to pop down to his store in Bernardsville for my Brit fix.
They refurbed the Madison store, the shelves were still getting reorganized when I went last. Hopefully on my next visit the shelves will be full. If only I could get him to stock Revels .....
Old May 22nd 2014, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Suz16
Hi Kylidevil, welcome!

I would definitely be up for another meetup soon, especially now the weather is much better. Anyone fancy organising it? I think we spoke about having it in Florham Park next time, I wouldn't mind travelling there.

Kylidevil you will love Madison, it's one of my favourite towns in Morris county.
How about sometime mid-June? We could do the Thirsty Turtle in FP.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.