Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Jacksonville, Florida??

Anyone in Jacksonville, Florida??

Old Aug 10th 2014, 2:19 pm
Just Joined

MrsReaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Jacksonville, Florida??

Hi, sorry for the late reply. We are definitely coming over this morning. I'll wear a tartan vest haha!
Old Aug 10th 2014, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

Originally Posted by MrsReaser
Hi, sorry for the late reply. We are definitely coming over this morning. I'll wear a tartan vest haha!
Great, see you both there.
Old Sep 9th 2014, 12:31 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

The monthly meet-up in Culhanes Irish Pub is set for this coming Sunday 14th. Meet at 12 midday. All ex-pats are welcome, just follow the accents when you arrive.
Old Feb 27th 2015, 6:27 pm
Just Joined

Lancylaners is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi we are a British family looking to move to Jacksonville in the latter part of the year. I have looked online and it seems that the nicer places to live are South of Jacksonville. Can anyone recommend a nice, safe area to rent a house within a community with good schools. We have 2 boys age 7 and 10. Also can anyone point Me in the right direction of competitive football (soccer) clubs for my boys. My eldest son plays at a high standard and it would really help sell it to him if we could show him the same opportunities are available over there.. Thanks in advance, all advice appreciated..
Old Mar 24th 2015, 1:22 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Lancylaners, just seen your post, so this may be a little late. The south side of Jax is preferable to the north, or west. East at the beaches is commonly known as the better area. There is one of the largest new development area in Nocatee in the south. It seems to be favoured by young families and the amenities and infrastructure there looks really good. Sorry, can't provide any info on soccer, but we do follow the local rugby team. Let me know if you need any help with anything. I'm sure you will enjoy Jax - it's a jewel in the south.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Chalky2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone,

I know this has been going on for a while but my husband and I are moving next Tuesday. What do people think, where are the best places to go. I will need to be buying furniture for our new flat, where as he will be going straight into work (he is moving with his current company so hitting the ground running.)

Would be great to get peoples opinions!

Thank you!
xx
Old Mar 26th 2015, 9:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Chalky. Are you moving to Jax from the UK? Be glad to help with some advice if you are. We moved here only 3 years ago so have been through all that. Either post here or PM.
Old Mar 26th 2015, 10:33 pm
Just Joined

Chalky2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi!

Yes currently living in London so I know it will be a shock! I have been out for 2 weeks over the last year.
Old Mar 29th 2015, 12:54 pm
Forum Regular

OK. What exactly do you need to know and I'll see if I can help.