Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Anyone in Jacksonville, Florida??

Anyone in Jacksonville, Florida??

Old Apr 28th 2014, 5:45 pm
Just Joined

Mad_Brooke is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone in Jacksonville, Florida??

Hi,

My husband and I have just moved to Jacksonville a week ago. We have spent a long time planning it, but now that were here its all a bit overwhelming!

Just looking for fellow Brits to talk to who may be in the area. It would be nice to have some home comforts!

So anyone close, please feel free to contact us!
Old Jul 28th 2014, 11:48 pm
Just Joined

MrsReaser is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone in Jacksonville, Florida??

Hello! I am in the same situation! Myself and my husband moved to Ponte Vedra Beach (5min drive from Jax beach) last month from the UK - and we are both a bit shell shocked and totally overwhelmed! It would be great to meet up sometime if you are still interested!

Charlotte (and David)
Old Jul 29th 2014, 2:11 am
Just Joined

Hi Charlotte,

Where abouts are you from in England? Ponte Vedra is a very nice and safe area, we are living over in middleburg which isnt far from orange park. We are starting to find our way around a bit more now and beginning to settle. We would love to meet up for lunch or something maybe one day soon? Do you have kids or is it just the two of you here?

Maddy & James

Last edited by Mad_Brooke; Jul 29th 2014 at 2:14 am.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 12:14 pm
Just Joined

That's fantastic! It's just the two of us right now, hopefully kiddies when we get properly settled. We are originally from Warrington near Manchester, but have lived all around England. Where are you both from?
I would love to meet for lunch, maybe meet somewhere in the middle? My local geography is still lacking, so if you want to suggest a place!? We are (very sadly) available every weekend at the moment... Haha.
Charlotte
Old Jul 29th 2014, 5:07 pm
Just Joined

Yea were in the same position, we would like kids when we settle more. Well were kind of from all over also, my husband (James) is from hull but we have lived all over as well. I went to uni in Chester a few years ago, so we know that area well! Ill have a look this evening for a good place in the middle and were pretty free also, its terrible isn't it? Lol.
Old Jul 29th 2014, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Welshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond repute

I'm in Gainesville, 90 miles SW of you. Congratulations and welcome to you both.
About the only times I go to Jacksonville is to go to the USCIS office but I'm done with that as I became a citizen last year. Though we do camp out on some of the beach State parks along the coast there. You're in a nice area of Jacksonville, hopefully you don't get caught up in the morning traffic too much, one of the drawbacks of a larger city
Old Jul 29th 2014, 9:44 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the reply, how long have you been here in the states?
Old Jul 30th 2014, 12:55 am
Just Joined

Charlotte, I have been looking at places to meet. Have you been to st johns town center yet? Its not far from you and james and I haven't been there yet. You could always add me on Facebook and we could organise something on there.

Last edited by Mad_Brooke; Jul 30th 2014 at 1:38 am.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 1:26 am
Just Joined

Maddy - sent you a message through Facebook.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 1:35 am
Just Joined

I've replied, might be in others.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 3:04 am
Forum Regular

Welshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond reputeWelshgator has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mad_Brooke
Thanks for the reply, how long have you been here in the states?
24 years, last 23 in Gainesville. Love it here even though it's hot as Hades some days - we don't get any sea breeze like you do over there. It's been a wonderful place to bring up a family though. Good schools and lots to do for kids.
Old Jul 30th 2014, 11:59 am
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

Hi to the new Jax people. We have been here for nearly 3 years and love the place. Retired early and followed our daughter here who married an American. We found some other Brit friends and also a group of ex-pats who meet monthly at an Irish Pub near Atlantic Beach once a month for lunch. Apparently they used to have a social club of around 160 members but that has dwindled to about 15 now. Looking to grow the numbers, so if you are interested let us know. Aussies also very welcome as we lived there for 30 years.
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 3:23 pm
Just Joined

Hi Keith! That sounds great! Can you let me know when and where? I'm loving Jacksonville so far, but I think I underestimated how lonely it could be moving to a new country. Charlotte
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 3:42 pm
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

Hi Charlotte and welcome to Jax. The meet-up should be this coming Sunday (10th) and will be for brunch at Culhanes Irish Pub on Atlantic boulevard, near the beach.
We will get confirmation in the next day or so from the lady who arranges it and does the booking at the pub. It's a very casual affair and I can recommend the real irish breakfast. you would be more than welcome. I'll come back once we receive that confirmation.
Keith
Old Aug 3rd 2014, 10:12 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Charlotte. All confirmed for next Sunday. We meet at 12. See you there. We'll keep an eye out for you, so wear a red rose and carry a copy of the Times. Or. at least, let us know who we should be looking for.
Keith

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.