Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Virginia???

Any Brits in Virginia???

Old Jul 20th 2010, 12:31 am
Just Joined

I am Kaz is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Virginia???

The British Club is meeting at Paolo’s at Reston Town Center at 7:00pm, Friday July 23rd. They have drinks specials and cheap appetizers. There is a bar to the right hand side when you walk in the door. We will be there. Anyone wishing to go can contact Nancy the organizer via the website http://www.meetup.com/dcbrits or email her at [email protected]. She will give you her cell number.

After that we are going to dinner at Il Fornaio an authentic Italian Restaurant. Hope to see you there!
Old Jul 20th 2010, 11:27 pm
Just Joined

I am Kaz is an unknown quantity at this point

UPDATE: If you wish to attend the British Club event at Reston Town Center July 23rd you need to contact the organizer Nancy. She needs to speak to new members first and add you to the reservation.

You can contact Nancy the organizer via the website http://www.meetup.com/dcbrits or email her at [email protected]. Thanks.
Old Jul 27th 2010, 12:52 am
Saxon

TerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really nice

I'm new to the forum, but have been in the Richmond VA area for about 25 years. Moved over here after leaving the RAF, and marrying my US pen friend.
Terry
Old Jul 27th 2010, 1:17 pm
Forum Regular

chrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of lightchrissy52 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by jayewallace
Any other Brits in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area??? Please tell me there are - I feel so alone!!!
Not near DC but told we're in heart of VA - Buckingham County about 1 hour from Charlottesville and 80 mins from Richmond -

We have a great view from where we live, even from top of house - trees, trees and more trees - oh and mountains - tree covered ones

I love it

Chrissy
Old Aug 4th 2010, 12:24 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Just stay away from Virginia Beach, I'm the official unwelcoming commitee.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

NicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really nice

Originally Posted by bevinva
Just stay away from Virginia Beach, I'm the official unwelcoming commitee.
I live in Virginia Beach and I've made some lovely friends
Old Aug 4th 2010, 2:30 am
BE Forum Addict

bevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond reputebevinva has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NicciT
I live in Virginia Beach and I've made some lovely friends
There are lots of people who have moved from other areas.

It's the city as in the council who cater to the tourists above all else I can't stand. The same city who defends an employee who ran over and killed a man sleeping on a chair on the beach. If you have no choice to come make the best of it, if you have a choice there are nicer places which are much more affordable.
Old Aug 4th 2010, 1:55 pm
Not around much..

SDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond reputeSDDep has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bevinva
There are lots of people who have moved from other areas.

It's the city as in the council who cater to the tourists above all else I can't stand. The same city who defends an employee who ran over and killed a man sleeping on a chair on the beach. If you have no choice to come make the best of it, if you have a choice there are nicer places which are much more affordable.

You are terrible Bev!!!
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:14 am
Forum Regular

lynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by jayewallace
Any other Brits in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area??? Please tell me there are - I feel so alone!!!
we'r here..reach out and don't feel alone..we'v all been there
Old Aug 5th 2010, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

lynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant futurelynfleet has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by TerryVA
I'm new to the forum, but have been in the Richmond VA area for about 25 years. Moved over here after leaving the RAF, and marrying my US pen friend.
Terry
hey neighbor i.m in chesterfield been here since 93..and bot is it hotter than i ever remember it.lol
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:16 pm
Saxon

TerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really niceTerryVA is just really nice

Originally Posted by lynfleet
hey neighbor i.m in chesterfield been here since 93..and bot is it hotter than i ever remember it.lol
It's not the heat, it's the humidity! Time for a trip to the desert to cool down.

Terry
Old Aug 5th 2010, 5:51 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TerryVA
It's not the heat, it's the humidity! Time for a trip to the desert to cool down.

Terry
now that would be very nice, your right i was out mowing my lawn this morning and i just about melted. coming from the north west of England i never thought i'd say this but bring on the rain....
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

martian1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Got a job offer to move to north virginia you guys like it then ? Need to make my mind up soon.. we were thinking about moving to the chesterfield area anyone live here.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 10:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by martian1
Got a job offer to move to north virginia you guys like it then ? Need to make my mind up soon.. we were thinking about moving to the chesterfield area anyone live here.
yea i live in chesterfield county. has great schools..
Old Aug 7th 2010, 11:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by chrissy52
Not near DC but told we're in heart of VA - Buckingham County about 1 hour from Charlottesville and 80 mins from Richmond -

We have a great view from where we live, even from top of house - trees, trees and more trees - oh and mountains - tree covered ones

I love it

Chrissy
there are a lot of tree's in VA for sure

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.