Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Virginia???

Any Brits in Virginia???

Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:48 am
Just Joined

jayewallace is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Any Brits in Virginia???

Any other Brits in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area??? Please tell me there are - I feel so alone!!!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 6:57 am
BE Enthusiast

MandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond reputeMandyNi has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Virginia???

Awhhh, don't feel lonely, we're all right here!

I'm think there are a few people in Va. I will be eventually too, just not until October!
Old Jan 23rd 2010, 12:56 pm

penguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond reputepenguinsix has a reputation beyond repute

Yea, everywhere.

The British Embassy Players (now just British Players) have all sorts of productions in the DC area:

http://www.britishplayers.org/

You can head to the Lucky Bar (Connecticut and M Street, NW) any Saturday morning say 10:00 and watch football with dozens of other expats.

http://www.luckybardc.com/

Take a look at the Washington DC wiki for all sorts of British things going on:

http://britishexpats.com/wiki/Catego...bia_City_Guide
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 12:28 am
Just Joined

willowstar is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi have just moved to VA, west of Washington. It's been a bit of a difficult first few weeks with all the snow!
Old Feb 23rd 2010, 3:45 am
Just Joined

jayewallace is an unknown quantity at this point

Where in VA are you? I am just under an hour west of Washington DC in Berryville. It would be sooo nice to meet some other brits!
Old Feb 24th 2010, 2:52 pm
Just Joined

willowstar is an unknown quantity at this point

I can't seem to unlock my private messages, nor send any, so apologies for not replying. I am about 40 minutes drive from you I think, so not far.
Old Feb 24th 2010, 6:04 pm
Just Joined

coachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to allcoachlover1000 is a name known to all

I live south of DC, in Fredericksburg. I'm so glad I found this forum...it only took me 10 years!
Old Feb 28th 2010, 2:54 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by jayewallace
Any other Brits in the Northern Virginia/Washington DC area??? Please tell me there are - I feel so alone!!!
Hello Jayewallace, look at the DC City Guide Wiki and scroll down to Expat Events. There are several groups that organize events for expats & Anglophiles in the DC metro area. The Washington Expat Brit Meetup Group is a good starting point as they're very sociable and if you don't fancy a pub night the membership messaging and message boards are very useful for networking with other area Brit expats.
Old Apr 7th 2010, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

Foreign Redneck is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Roanoke, give me a holler, y'all. LOL.
Old May 12th 2010, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

judson7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all you fellow Brits.. Me and my wife live in Southern maryland, approx 1 hour south of DC........ Would love to meet up with some fellow brits for a pint.
Old Jun 18th 2010, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

I am in Vienna, Va - love to meet up with fellow Brits!
Old Jun 21st 2010, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

NicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really niceNicciT is just really nice

OMG just stumbled across this post while feeling very lonely and sorry for myself! I've been in VA beach for about 3 months now and not met a single brit and I too am feeling alone, no one seems to understand just how different USA is and although I love being here with my man I've not had a single girly night like I used to in the UK and have no social life since moving here as I'm not yet authorised to work and have no car How did you get on with meeting people? Anyone near to VA Beach at all? x
Old Jun 22nd 2010, 1:06 pm
Forum Regular

Dewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud ofDewey has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by katybluewater
I am in Vienna, Va - love to meet up with fellow Brits!
Hi Katy,

Toddle along to one of the DC Brit meetup group events http://www.meetup.com/dcbrits. Nice crowd, meetups take place all over the DC metro area, several in VA, e.g. Christmas party in Falls Church, VA Scottish Games, etc.
Old Jun 24th 2010, 5:07 pm
Forum Regular

katybluewater is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Dewey - I have just signed up for the DC meetups, and cant wait to go along to one and meet you all!
Old Jul 17th 2010, 4:12 am
Just Joined

I am Kaz is an unknown quantity at this point

The British Meetup group has a meetup in Reston, Va on 7/23/10. It's a really nice, friendly group of people. You can show up on your own (most people do). Everyone talks to everyone else and are very friendly. I went on my own and it was fine. The organiser, Nancy, chats to you and introduces you to everyone. All different age groups attend from about 19-85yrs.

Hope to see some of you guys on the 23rd!

Their website address is http://www.meetup.com/dcbrits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.