Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in St Louis / Missouri

Any Brits in St Louis / Missouri

Old Aug 6th 2012, 3:22 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in St Louis / Missouri

where you guys at?
Old Aug 8th 2012, 3:57 pm
Just Joined

NickiS is an unknown quantity at this point

@ rymc730 where are you originally from?
Old Aug 13th 2012, 5:29 pm
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

Barristers in Clayton is opening at 9am to start the season on Saturday.
15 North Meramec Avenue Clayton, MO 63105

it's where I shall be if anyone fancies it.
Old Oct 26th 2012, 6:36 pm
Just Joined

all_brit2007 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by NickiS
Hey guys! I just joined this site. I have lived in St. Louis for 23 years!!! I am from London my sister is here too. We also have a friend here from Manchester and another one from London. We should all meet up!
I have lived in Edwardsville, IL (not far from STL) for the last 16 years and have not met one British person... I thought I was the only one around here..lol
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:31 pm
Just Joined

JakeB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey all,
I just moved to St Louis after getting married to an American girl. I am from Ipswich originally but then lived in Coventry and Cardiff before coming to the US. I am still finding my way around but have been to the Amsterdam bar and the Dubliner where they have British sports. Also found Global foods where you can get some thing from home for twice the price.

Jake
Old Nov 27th 2012, 5:53 pm
Just Joined

Hi Jake,

Hahaha tell me about it. To get the home comforts over here you have to pay double. It wasn't until I was over here that I had to pay $3 for a can of baked beans!!!! I have to say the one think I miss the most is a good old british banger, you can't seem to get them over here. How are you liking St. Louis so far? I live about 20 mins from St. Louis over in IL. I originally moved over here from a village called Fairford, which is pretty close to Swindon in Wiltshire.

Just a heads up but there is a great little British shop over in St. Charles that sells brit foods/sweets. It's pricey, but worth it

Carren
Old Nov 27th 2012, 7:37 pm
Just Joined

I must really miss Maynard wine gums to pay over $4 a packet! I wish I could find bacon here as I hate the thin crispy things they serve. I like St Louis as there is a lot to do here. I moved from Cardiff to a town in Minnesota with a population of 14,000 and then to a town in central Illinois that was not much bigger.

Thanks for the heads up, what is it called?
Old Nov 27th 2012, 7:49 pm
Just Joined

Jake,

I think it is called The British Shop. It's in historic St. Charles. You can't miss it when you go there. The owners and a husband and wife team. She is the British one. I totally agree with the bacon comment. I hate the bacon over here, I am not much keener on the bread either. It is so thin.. and there is never a decent knobby on the end, lol. It's hard to find crusty bread as well.

My hubby is really sweet to me, he is always trying to find ways to get me my British food fixes. The last time he took me to the British shop there, he let me spend too much money.. We got sausages, bacon, baked beans, crisps, chocolate biscuits, I was in heaven. Trouble was I ate it all too fast, but bacon butties were heaven, lol.

Carren
Old Nov 27th 2012, 7:58 pm
enter the twiglet zone...

alien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to allalien species is a name known to all

Hi Jake, welcome.
We should all try and get something sorted for meeting up.
seems to be more of us around

Manc's good at organizing things I recall.
Old Dec 3rd 2012, 4:04 pm
Just Joined

Good win for the English rugby team on Saturday. I will definitely be finding places to watch the Six Nations this year.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 11:25 pm
@matthewb76

Global Foods in Kirkwood has back bacon (for $8 a pack or so) it's ace.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 2:27 am
Just Joined

Awesome! Will swing by tomorrow to see if I can get some. I think they also have some mince pies and Xmas puds.
Old Dec 21st 2012, 5:34 am
Just Joined

Nunyun is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Any Brits in St Louis / Missouri

Hi guys, been living in Missouri for 4 years now, originally from Southampton. Moving to St Louis come tax time. How goes you lot then...?
Old Dec 22nd 2012, 9:53 pm
@matthewb76

where are you right now Nunyun?

Anyone up for a flipping pint then or is it all talk no walk?
Old Dec 23rd 2012, 5:49 am
Just Joined

Nunyun is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Lebanon, MO - 3hr drive out of St Louis but will be moving there soon

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.