Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in San Antonio Texas

Any Brits in San Antonio Texas

Old Jul 14th 2010, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

britishbird is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in San Antonio Texas

Moved to San Antonio over 3 years ago - haven't met any Brits yet...
Lived in States 21 years various places.
Old Jul 25th 2010, 9:47 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: Any Brits in San Antonio Texas

well guess I'm the only one here.....lol
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:49 pm
Just Joined

clivewheeler is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Britishbird

Have just moved to San Antonio in the past 2 months - living in Terrell Heights just off Austin Highway. Have married a Texan lady and just finding my way while I wait to be processed in order to stay as a lawful resident and I hope work!!

Have found everyone here so welcoming and good fun - hope you have found the same and would love to hear from you!!

Best wishes

Clive.
Old Aug 8th 2010, 11:55 pm
Just Joined

Hi Britishbird again

I have been told by a number of people that SA is riddled with us Brits - though I have yet to meet more than a handful!!

Best wishes, Clive.
Old Aug 11th 2010, 6:16 am
Forum Regular

polar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the roughpolar_bear is a jewel in the rough

I'm not in SA but visit often. There is a thread on here somewhere about SA, there are quite a few ex-pats I think. Try the Search function.
Old Aug 24th 2010, 10:26 am
Just Joined

ValiantKnight is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Any Brits in San Antonio Texas

Just joined this forum for this exact question!

I'm going to be moving to San Antonio soon to work, would be great to meet up with some Brits when I finally arrive, otherwise I'm going to get horribly homesick!
Old Mar 10th 2011, 3:29 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by clivewheeler
Hi Britishbird again

I have been told by a number of people that SA is riddled with us Brits - though I have yet to meet more than a handful!!

Best wishes, Clive.
Hi Clive been a year since you posted and forgot to check this site myself
Have you found any more of us.....lol only know of 1 where I work and thats it. I heard that there is an organization in Austin but heard of nothing in SA. San Antonio is nice but very hard to meet people here lived here for 4 years now.

Best wishes Shelly
Old Apr 1st 2011, 6:48 am
Forum Regular

Keith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to allKeith S is a name known to all

Hi.
My wife and I are just waiting for our visas before heading to SA. Should be another 2 months yet. We've just retired early to move closer to our daughter who lives there with her husband. Great place and we'd love to be included if any meet-up is arranged later on.
Old Apr 30th 2011, 12:53 am
Just Joined

Well I can't say that I have found anymore Brits here so not so sure if my original info was correct. Not desperate to seek them out, but it w0uld be nice to come across any nevertheless!!
Old Jul 13th 2011, 10:56 pm

RL289 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone - just joined this forum. Myself and my husband have been in San Antonio around 4/5 months. Know 2 other brits in the area so there are a few of us around.

Have a good evening.

Lynn
Old Aug 5th 2011, 1:25 am
Just Joined

TexasBrit88 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello. Just joined here. Have lived in San Antonio for 7 years this month!
Old Oct 14th 2011, 9:59 pm
longing for Druidia

Spaceball is an unknown quantity at this point
Arrow Re: Any Brits in San Antonio Texas

Hi everyone!
My name is Sal - I'm a Texan who has been living in the UK for the past 8 years BUT my wife, a UKC, and I are hopeful of moving with our two young sons back to San Antonio by around Xmas-time or in January 2012.

I actually used to live just off I-10, on Wurzbach, back in 2001-2002 when I was doing my MA studies @ St Mary's University. Ah, memories!

Anyhow - I am SO glad to have found this thread - it is a little necro'ed but hopefully y'all will check back in soon.

I was just wondering if some of you would be willing to give me a little advice or insight on where you feel are some very nices areas to live in SA these days - but just as importantly, which elementary schools you feel are exceptionally reputable. Our eldest son turned 6 years old earlier this month, and is currently in P2 here. My wife is very anxious to get in touch with the few schools she feels would be highly recommended by parents - and your two cents would be VERY MUCH APPRECIATED!

I loved living in the Wurzbach area at the time - it was close to Huebner Oaks, the AMC movie theatre there, as well as UTSA, where I used to work before I left for St Mary's. But with SA having changed a lot since I last visited, I would be very interested to know where are the more up-and-coming areas, and of any specific realtors you would heartily recommend.

I am also more than happy to perhaps arrange a skype chat - both to say 'hi' and to make any exchange of advice etc much more pleasant than simply typing up (my) long-winded posts and risk straining your eyes on the text!

We are very much looking forward to moving to San Antonio in the next few months. I hope those of you who have been there for a while have grown very accustomed to it and that you have not been too homesick for the UK. All being well, we may find ourselves in great company soon!

With best wishes,
Sal and Clare
Old Oct 16th 2011, 11:14 pm

RL289 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sal and Clare

We've only been over here since February this year, so in some ways still finding our way around in some ways. As we don't have kids can't help with good schools but we live on the west side of San Antonio, in one of the estates off of Potranco, outside the 1604. Its a nice area and still being developed. We know a couple of other brits in this area and they both seem to like it.

Happy to help if able to - not sure if my login allows me to receive private messages yet, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Best wishes and good luck with the move over.

Lynn
Old Oct 18th 2011, 4:42 pm
longing for Druidia

Spaceball is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by RL289
Hi Sal and Clare

We've only been over here since February this year, so in some ways still finding our way around in some ways. As we don't have kids can't help with good schools but we live on the west side of San Antonio, in one of the estates off of Potranco, outside the 1604. Its a nice area and still being developed. We know a couple of other brits in this area and they both seem to like it.

Happy to help if able to - not sure if my login allows me to receive private messages yet, but I'll keep an eye on this thread.

Best wishes and good luck with the move over.

Lynn

Hi Lynn!
:)

Thanks very much for your reply! Awesome - great to hear you're doing good in SA!

I must check out Potranco to orient myself and see how far off you are from UTSA's 1604 campus - I used to live less than a 10 minute drive when I used to live there.

Great - look forward to getting in touch via PM at some time to say hi and maybe keep this thread from getting too cluttered with our exchanges, lol!

Thanks again for getting in touch - I was afraid this thread would be dead as disco for sure, but glad to read that isn't entirely the case!

Take care y'all - and I hope you enjoy your new life in sunny SA!!!

TTYL,
Sal and Clare :)
Old May 3rd 2012, 8:33 pm
ivo
Just Joined

ivo is an unknown quantity at this point

My wife (USC), daughter (Dual Citizen) and I just moved back to North central San Antonio. We lived here from 2007 to 2010 but moved back to Scotland for a bit. It'd be really good to meet other Brits who are living here. I'm also looking for people who regularly meet up to play football since I've been missing that since we moved back.