Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

any brits near Edison, New Jersey?

any brits near Edison, New Jersey?

Old Jun 2nd 2011, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

bellasis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: any brits near Edison, New Jersey?

Originally Posted by njmackem
hi Bella.

Just sent you a pm with some stuff on...
@Gavin- Thank you - I really appreciate it! Haven't seen the message yet, but heading over there now...

@Sam - welcome! I'm pretty new here myself.
Old Jun 3rd 2011, 12:08 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by samjwood
Hi all

I'm living in Cedar Knolls, NJ. We came here in March, me on H4 visa, Hubby on H1B and son age 8 moved from Liverpool. I passed my theory driving test 2 weeks ago and bought a car the same day. Having a car has made such a difference as I was fairly housebound without one.

If you are arranging any meet ups count me in.....

Could I also have a copy of those websites please

Cheers everyone

Sam
You must live near Murder Mall.
Old Jun 4th 2011, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
You must live near Murder Mall.
What or where is Murder Mall???

You have to enlighten us all with that one please...
Old Jun 4th 2011, 11:30 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by njmackem
What or where is Murder Mall???

You have to enlighten us all with that one please...
Cedar Knoll, Morristown...there's a Wally World and TJMaxx there. I can't remember the details...2 were killed I think. It was before we moved here 15 years ago...read in the local paper years ago that it's know as Murder Mall.

There was also a double murder in a electronics store at Roxbury Mall about 3 years ago...Route 10. I was called to serve on the jury at the trial but had to step down because I'd been in the shop next door the day before...and some of the staff were to give evidence.
Old Jun 6th 2011, 3:08 pm
Just Joined

AmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud ofAmandaLS has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by msw
Hi,
We have just moved to NJ from Scotland around 5 weeks ago...still settling in, hoping to sit (and pass?!) drivers test next week - wondering if there is anyone relatively close who would like to meet up? Have 2 kids...5 & 2..
Hi,

Welcome to NJ MSW!

I am in Madison, NJ so not too far away. We moved here 2 months ago and are really liking it. I am originally from Ayr in Scotland about 40mins from Glasgow. I have 2 boys a 11yr old and a 4 year old.

If you fancy a meet up let me know.

Amanda x
Old Jun 6th 2011, 5:04 pm
Forum Regular

njmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nicenjmackem is just really nice

Amanda, see the Brits near Jersey Shore post.

We are in the process of arranging a Meet-Up