Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Maine?

Any Brits in Maine?

Old Sep 13th 2011, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Maine?

Originally Posted by PANUK
"It's an idea, but I'd have even less chance of finding something I do up there"

That's both the beauty and curse of Maine. There is so much beautiful countryside, coast and space but not much population so jobs can be scarse

I've changed careers totally to find a job and starting again is an interesting process!
Good luck with the job hunt. Quality of life here is good but jobs and well paying jobs a bit thin in the ground. Lots of non-profits around though.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

PANUK is an unknown quantity at this point

Have to agree. At the moment I'm starting afresh in retail (Target). Money isn't exactly what I'm used to but I'm actually enjoying the job
Old Sep 13th 2011, 10:51 pm
BE Forum Addict

Karrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond reputeKarrie72 has a reputation beyond repute

They have a Target out that way? I'd work there just for the discounts...I walk in to pick up 'just a few things' and always, always spend around $300, ouch! It's a fun place to shop.
What was your original occupation? Hope you're settling in well and not missing the home land!
Old Sep 13th 2011, 10:58 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bridgeton is a lovely spot. I have had serious yearnings to move there due to the walking lifestyle of the town. This summer though I noticed that a bunch of store fronts were boarded up, including the cinema and bookstore
Lovely spot though and tons of x country skiing in the area. I'm trying to hook my kids on this way cheaper alternative to 'down hill'.
Old Sep 13th 2011, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Bridgeton is a lovely spot. I have had serious yearnings to move there due to the walking lifestyle of the town. This summer though I noticed that a bunch of store fronts were boarded up, including the cinema and bookstore
Lovely spot though and tons of x country skiing in the area. I'm trying to hook my kids on this way cheaper alternative to 'down hill'.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:39 am
Just Joined

Yep - we have a Target - a small one though!!

And yes the discounts are pretty good. I get 15% overall so very useful!

I trained as a clinical photographer working in the NHS so quite the career change. Have to say I'm enjoying the new job so far. They seem a nice company to work for
Old Sep 14th 2011, 11:40 am
Just Joined

We got married in Bridgeton - its a very, very nice area
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:07 pm
I'm off to find a spanner

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Oi Oi. I live in Western Maine and it may be me that Bob thinks lives near Lewiston lol. I don't, but I spend so much time down there at the Hospital you might think that I did.

PANUK, hey have you been through a Maine winter before? you are in for a treat hehe
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:39 pm
Just Joined

Hi

I've been through half a Maine winter - does that count?!

I got here last January so I got to see a lot of snow

Paul
Old Sep 14th 2011, 1:55 pm

sime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond reputesime303 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by PANUK
Hi

I've been through half a Maine winter - does that count?!

I got here last January so I got to see a lot of snow

Paul
Ah so you went through the worst of it then.
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:08 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Oi Oi. I live in Western Maine and it may be me that Bob thinks lives near Lewiston lol. I don't, but I spend so much time down there at the Hospital you might think that I did.
Naaa...it was Lutzie, but I've not seen him post in quite a while, so not sure if he's still in the area.

You get to the biker weekend recently? Morton's, the old store is now a cafe, of all things
Old Sep 14th 2011, 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by Bob
Naaa...it was Lutzie, but I've not seen him post in quite a while, so not sure if he's still in the area.

You get to the biker weekend recently? Morton's, the old store is now a cafe, of all things
Oh yeah I remember seeing him on here a couple of times.

No I didn't get up there this year. A cafe eh? I wonder if they still use that fridge from the 1940's lol
Old Sep 14th 2011, 4:04 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by sime303
Oh yeah I remember seeing him on here a couple of times.

No I didn't get up there this year. A cafe eh? I wonder if they still use that fridge from the 1940's lol
I hope they aren't, that thing is probably the reason there's a hole in the ozone

It's supposed to be really quite nice and they do good sarnies and a food grocery staples...don't know about beer, but they would be crazy not to sell it
Old Dec 21st 2011, 4:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

Southy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond reputeSouthy_SWFC has a reputation beyond repute

Hey,
Just moved to Augusta Maine.
Anyone else around these parts?
Old Dec 21st 2011, 4:41 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Southy_SWFC
Hey,
Just moved to Augusta Maine.
Anyone else around these parts?
You're pretty central...so not that far from a few folks, but it's all relative...Waterville and Portland area tend to be where most of the BE folks are though....but there are hundreds of the buggers out in the coastal connector area - Belfast/Camden/Rockport/Rockland...and they're not far from Augusta.

Some good pubs out your way...

http://www.theliberalcup.com/ Spitting distance from this place at least and that place is fantastic

Oh and welcome to BE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.