Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Katy area texas?

Any Brits in Katy area texas?

Old Jul 12th 2012, 2:05 pm

Yorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond reputeYorkieabroad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Katy area texas?

Course, you could always take a leaf out of this ladies book and use the HOV lanes.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...0--nascar.html
Old Jul 12th 2012, 2:30 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Yorkieabroad
Course, you could always take a leaf out of this ladies book and use the HOV lanes.....

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...0--nascar.html
Old Jul 12th 2012, 2:35 pm
The worse half of Weeze

Mr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond reputeMr Weeze has a reputation beyond repute

I work on San Felipe about a mile west of 610. I have played around with leaving between 5:20 and 6:15 in the AM, and it makes about 5 minutes difference to the commute time. I have a 5 minute drive to I10, along I10 to Chimney Rock, and then just over 5 minutes down Chimney Rock. It takes about 25 minutes at stupid o'clock in the morning.

I really try hard to leave before 4:30 PM. I head to I10 along Voss (Chimney Rock can be a bugger on an afternoon) and then use the managed lane out to Katy. As I am on it before 5 PM, I think my total toll is something like $1.40. It will take me about 35 - 40 minutes to get home.

If I leave at 5 or later, I will go straight up Westheimer. That's pretty much a guaranteed 45-50 minutes, whereas I10 can be over an hour at that point.

I rarely/never use Westpark, as I10 is as fast for me of a morning, and of an evening it can be stop start on there too - I object to paying to sit in a traffic jam.

As I lived in Aberdeen before this, I was used to getting into work at stupid o'clock then, and if I left at the wrong time it could take me 45 minutes to do 7 miles there.

Where we live, we have the choice of I10, Westheimer and Westpark, so I am spoilt for choice in commuting. One thing that appealed to me about Katy over Sugarland was that there is only 1 way to Sugarland (59) and if that is screwed, I would be screwed. At least with Katy I have options.
Old Jul 12th 2012, 2:43 pm
Rootbeeraholic

Bink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond reputeBink has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Weeze
I work on San Felipe about a mile west of 610. I have played around with leaving between 5:20 and 6:15 in the AM, and it makes about 5 minutes difference to the commute time. I have a 5 minute drive to I10, along I10 to Chimney Rock, and then just over 5 minutes down Chimney Rock. It takes about 25 minutes at stupid o'clock in the morning.

I really try hard to leave before 4:30 PM. I head to I10 along Voss (Chimney Rock can be a bugger on an afternoon) and then use the managed lane out to Katy. As I am on it before 5 PM, I think my total toll is something like $1.40. It will take me about 35 - 40 minutes to get home.

If I leave at 5 or later, I will go straight up Westheimer. That's pretty much a guaranteed 45-50 minutes, whereas I10 can be over an hour at that point.

I rarely/never use Westpark, as I10 is as fast for me of a morning, and of an evening it can be stop start on there too - I object to paying to sit in a traffic jam.

As I lived in Aberdeen before this, I was used to getting into work at stupid o'clock then, and if I left at the wrong time it could take me 45 minutes to do 7 miles there.

Where we live, we have the choice of I10, Westheimer and Westpark, so I am spoilt for choice in commuting. One thing that appealed to me about Katy over Sugarland was that there is only 1 way to Sugarland (59) and if that is screwed, I would be screwed. At least with Katy I have options.
I never realised you worked so close to me. For some reason I'd figured you were out on the Energy corribore somewhere.