Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Colorado?

Any Brits in Colorado?

Old Jun 12th 2013, 3:40 am
Forum Regular

MadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond reputeMadRad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Colorado?

Fort Collins is a great town - I lived there for a year and really liked it. Now living in the Colorado Springs area.

There's actually quite a lot of Brits living in the Springs. There's also a new British shop in Old Colorado City. Not been to it yet, though a friend has and she thought it was better than the one on Academy.

For anyone looking for a decent curry, there's a wee place in Estes Park on the riverfront which is good - might be called Nepal's Cafe? Run by a former Ghurka.

Last edited by MadRad; Jun 12th 2013 at 3:46 am. Reason: Added more info
Old Jun 12th 2013, 3:49 am

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MadRad
Fort Collins is a great town - I lived there for a year and really liked it. Now living in the Colorado Springs area.

For anyone looking for a decent curry, there's a wee place in Estes Park on the riverfront which is good - might be called Nepal's Cafe? Run by a former Ghurka.
I was just watching the news about the Black Forest Fire. Hope you're not being affected by it.
Old Jun 18th 2013, 4:58 pm
Fort Collins, Colorado

yukichon will become famous soon enoughyukichon will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by MadRad

There's actually quite a lot of Brits living in the Springs. There's also a new British shop in Old Colorado City. Not been to it yet, though a friend has and she thought it was better than the one on Academy.

Thanks for the heads up on a good curry house. Really looking forward to getting not the outdoors lifestyle that Colorado gives
Old Jul 6th 2013, 10:25 pm
yaa
Just Joined

yaa is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by yukichon
Thanks for the heads up on a good curry house. Really looking forward to getting not the outdoors lifestyle that Colorado gives
I live in Colorado Springs and dont get to travel up to Denver much.. so would love to meet up with anyone that wants to... good connections..
Yasmin.
Old Jul 7th 2013, 7:27 am
Fort Collins, Colorado

Originally Posted by yaa
I live in Colorado Springs and dont get to travel up to Denver much.. so would love to meet up with anyone that wants to... good connections..
Yasmin.
Once I'm there I would be more than happy to have a Denver meet up
Old Jul 27th 2013, 4:24 pm
Fort Collins, Colorado

What's the best bar/pub to watch the football in? Someone said the British Bulldog in Denver? I will be in Fort Collins so somewhere closer would be better.
Old Jul 27th 2013, 5:13 pm

Cardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond reputeCardienscarf has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yukichon
What's the best bar/pub to watch the football in? Someone said the British Bulldog in Denver? I will be in Fort Collins so somewhere closer would be better.
I don't know about Fort Collins - there must be something there. A Brit owns a football store in Boulder - Rocky Mountain Soccer - and he has a lounge that he opens up at ridiculous times to watch games. He might know of something in FC. There's also Conor O'Neil's in Boulder where you can watch all things British, and The Rex in Louisville usually draws a good crowd for some matches.

Here's the link to the Boulder Brits Club - they're not all in Boulder and someone might be able to help you find somewhere closer.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/48829599562/
Old Jul 29th 2013, 12:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

TimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud ofTimberHut has much to be proud of

The 3 Lions in Denver is a great place to watch a game:

http://threelionsdenver.com/
Old Jul 29th 2013, 2:53 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Met a guy who owns a Fish and Chip shop in Fort Collins, there is one in Denver, not so impressive.

Drove past the FC one a couple of weeks back, too little time and too hot to stop.

Still a member at FAC Boulder, hoping to get down tomorrow but now not looking likely.
Old Jul 29th 2013, 3:23 pm
Fort Collins, Colorado

Not sure I will miss fish & chips...but a good Indian definitely.
Been visiting Colorado & Florida for years and haven't found a decent Chinese restaurant either....strange names and taste from the ones I've tried
Old Jul 29th 2013, 5:06 pm

Boulder has Tandoori Grill and a great little place on 28th that is fabulous and more cafe/diner like - Curry n Kebob. Louisville has Taj Mahal 3 and Tibet's.

Chinese - not so easy to find but there is one I've liked in Boulder, China Gourmet.

Again, can't help you with FC but definitely plug into the Boulder Brits Club for more people who might be able to give you more information. They have monthly curry nights in Boulder and Louisville as well as other events.

How are you liking FC?
Old Jul 30th 2013, 1:21 am
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

In FC have you tried Mount Everest?
I also sometimes will run up the road to JimmyC's F&C.
Longmont has an indian which isn't too bad. The Thai Kitchen is good.
Mike O'Shays is about the only place which does a decent fish'n'chips, I think the Dickens will if you ask.

Bldr - Tsing Tao and China Gourmet is where I used to go.
Taj and Tandori Grill is ok imho, its going to be the best in the area but after a while you get bored of it.... at least I have.
If you're ever in Arvada, try the Yak & Yeti - its also an indian microbrewery.

I tend to find all the indian lunch buffets are all the same everywhere, even the pricing! It seems as though they've all gone to Costco to get stuff or mass ordered those Sukhi's sachets.... so when I can be bothered, I'll make my own korma or tikka masala as I have been too disappointed at places.

For games, I've just asked if a place has a telly would they put it on one of the screens. In Longmont, the Red Zone sometimes will show them ... you'll even be surprised at Buffalo Wild Wings for they may put them on a screen.
Old Oct 23rd 2013, 6:44 pm
Just Joined

JSharpe is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone! I just joined the forum and the facebook group. I'm in Denver and would love to meet up with other brits!
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:18 pm
Fort Collins, Colorado

Hi Jsharpe

Great to see another Brit will be in Colorado...I'm told the Boulder Brits Club is a good place to start to meet others...when I arrive, I will hopefully make an appearance on one of their curry nights...

Likely be there for the World Cup so will need to find a good venue for the England games as well
Old Oct 24th 2013, 1:20 pm
Fort Collins, Colorado

Cardien - we don't arrive permanently until around May '14, but will be in FoCo for 6 days in December....

Tarka - thanks for the heads up, might try Everest on our shirt trip in December

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.