Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Carmel Valley, San Diego??

Any Brits in Carmel Valley, San Diego??

Old Dec 16th 2012, 4:56 pm
Just Joined

TrinitySkye is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in Carmel Valley, San Diego??

Hi All
We are moving out to Carmel Valley on 1st Feb - not long to go now Is anyone on here living there??
Thanks
TS
Old Dec 17th 2012, 4:33 am
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Carmel Valley, San Diego??

Hi we stay in San D iego and know a few people that live in that area. Send me a pm if you like.
Old Dec 17th 2012, 6:23 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by beaver
Hi we stay in San D iego and know a few people that live in that area. Send me a pm if you like.
Hello Beaver
Thanks for your reply. I tried to PM you but got the following message:

The administrator has restricted use of the private message system to members with more than 3 posts.

Any chance you could PM me and hopefully I can reply to it :-) Many thanks for your help!!
Old Dec 17th 2012, 8:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Gillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond reputeGillymonkey has a reputation beyond repute

Will do later on (at work at the moment), all it means is that you need to post a couple of more posts in the main threads and you will then be allowed to pm anyone.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 3:03 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by beaver
Will do later on (at work at the moment), all it means is that you need to post a couple of more posts in the main threads and you will then be allowed to pm anyone.
This is my third post, fingers crossed I can pm you now
Old Dec 29th 2012, 1:49 am
Just Joined

Den19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello - I moved here in October!! Would love to meet up with fellow brits, mainly during the day when my boys are at school and hubby at work!
Old Dec 29th 2012, 11:43 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Den19
Hello - I moved here in October!! Would love to meet up with fellow brits, mainly during the day when my boys are at school and hubby at work!
:-) I will send you a pm !!
Old Dec 29th 2012, 4:30 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by TrinitySkye
:-) I will send you a pm !!
Excellent! I did try and sent you a pm but couldn't as I hadn't posted enough.
As I have just done the move, let me know if you need any help and advice! I have also done a 'cultural training' course and been given lots of helpful books and paperwork. looking forward to hearing from you
Old Dec 29th 2012, 4:53 pm
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Den19;10454417]Excellent! I did try and sent you a pm but couldn't as I hadn't posted enough.
As I have just done the move, let me know if you need any help and advice! I have also done a 'cultural training' course and been given lots of helpful books and paperwork. looking forward to hearing from you [/QU

Oh I like the sound of a 'cultural training' course! I have sent you an email, let me know if you didn't get it :-) Thanks.
Old Dec 31st 2012, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

Hello - I can see I have a private message but cant get to it!! This should be my 3rd posting so may be able to access it now - will let you know if I cant! x
Old Jan 23rd 2013, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Oh, hello, just popped on and saw this. I live near in Carmel Mountain just up the road from you. Would be happy to help you with anything.
Old Jan 25th 2013, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Holliver
Oh, hello, just popped on and saw this. I live near in Carmel Mountain just up the road from you. Would be happy to help you with anything.
Hi Holliver
Nice to 'meet' you :-) All getting quite exciting now, scheduled to fly on 2nd Feb. Yikes that's next week!!!
Will contact you when we arrive as it would be fab to maybe meet up and have a chat over coffee or something!
Cheers
TS.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:49 am
Just Joined

Hey fellow Brit!

Thank you.........Where can I buy decent bacon, bread and sausages please (other than the UK) ?!!
Have you been here long? I am just beginning to find my feet but all offers of help are very welcome!

Old Jan 29th 2013, 1:20 am
BE Enthusiast

Holliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to beholdHolliver is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Den19
Hey fellow Brit!

Thank you.........Where can I buy decent bacon, bread and sausages please (other than the UK) ?!!
Have you been here long? I am just beginning to find my feet but all offers of help are very welcome!

Haha, good luck on all those fronts. The more English bacon is from Fresh and Easy, same cut, but doesn't have the fatty rind so kind of just dries out. I haven't found sausages - used to the American italian style ones now. As for bread, I don't know. Sorry not to have been more help.
Old Jan 29th 2013, 12:12 pm
Just Joined

old_motters is an unknown quantity at this point

If my wife is offered a job this/next week, we'll be moving to San Diego. Been 6-7 times now and love the place so we have our fingers crossed. Hope to meet other ex-pats if all goes well!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.