Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Boston area?

Any Brits in Boston area?

Old Aug 14th 2012, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

azuredragonfly is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in Boston area?

Hi,
I moved to Boston in May this year to get married to my lovely husband. I like it here but it has been difficult to meet people and make friends. I'm not able to work yet as am waiting for my green card. I have applied for volunteer work so hope to meet more people that way.
Are there any ladies out there who would like to meet up for coffee or a nice cup of tea?
I am from the north east of England, but have been living and working in London for years.
Hope to hear back from someone
Ellen
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:37 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any Brits in Boston area?

There are loads of BE folks in Boston and in the burbs.

If you're on FB, there's a great Boston Brits group, they meet up first Thursday of the month for a piss up and then usually arrange stuff for most sporting/holiday events.

Bunch of the ladies also arrange coffee, netball and other stuff.

Great place to go would be your local library and find out about any hobby groups you might be interested in as there are loads of meet ups for various things all over the place.

meetup.com also has loads of things going on in Boston.

Some other options, depending on what you're interested in, but the NERD centre, in Kendal Square, often have free meet up events as does the British Consulate around the corner, mostly techy related, but they've done some Brit Uni alum meetups and the like.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 7:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

hobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond reputehobbes79 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to Boston

Another possibility, is getting your husband to get uber socially active at work. My wife is a stay at home mom right now, but has a good network of friends that originated from the wives of some nice folks at my work.

That led to meeting friends of my work friends, that also had wives/girlfriends, and on it goes.

Now I find myself on regular babysitting duty while she goes out
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:00 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Bob, I will try those. Much appreciated.
Old Aug 14th 2012, 8:01 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for the suggestion Hobbes.
Old Sep 15th 2012, 7:50 pm
BE Enthusiast

lgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond reputelgabriel73 has a reputation beyond repute

welcome to Boston. I am originally from West Yorkshire and have been living in the Boston area for the past 17 years. Currently live just 20 minutes north of the city. PM me if you want to chat more:-)