Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Alabama

Any Brits in Alabama

Old Mar 19th 2016, 5:40 am
Just Joined

Pattaffy1979 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Alabama

Originally Posted by colin archer
Yes indeed,i love it here,the weather,friendly people etc.I met a man from Leeds England that is,he was working in a gas station in Leeds Alabama,i got a good laugh out of that.I was born in Crewe in Cheshire,went to school in Ireland,have family in Ascot and Windsor,what brings you to Alabama of all places if you dont mind me asking,I came via New York out of curiosity really and liked it so much I stayed

Im from crewe too! Living in orlando heyyyyyy!
Old Apr 12th 2016, 1:05 pm
Just Joined

Cockney Joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Mike for your thoughts, just wish I could get some answers about the area we are looking to purchase in, at least you answered & with so many more words than Steve.
Keep well Mike, hope to meet you one day.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 1:07 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cockney Joe
Thanks Mike for your thoughts, just wish I could get some answers about the area we are looking to purchase in
The thing is, unless you qualify for a visa, there's no point worrying about where to live etc - so that's the first step, and anything else is putting the cart before the horse. Purchasing a business gives you no right to live in the US permanently.

You can ask about the area you are interested in in the main US forums (as directed to earlier - the meet up threads aren't the place for lifestyle type questions really), but I'd definitely look at your visa options first in case you have no way of moving anyway.

Best of luck.
Old Apr 12th 2016, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

Cockney Joe is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for your input, the first thing is this, I have not made any decision to live in the Us permanently, the reason for purchasing a business is to make a profit & not to give me any rights to permanently live there. We can,I believe, purchase as many properties as we would like, even with the intention of renting them at a later date. We were looking for people's help regarding the area where we were thinking of buying a property, any other positive information would be more than welcome.
As we were new to this site we did not understand at first where to write for any information but we were sure that someone with tremendous knowledge would soon let us know if we had done anything wrong & surprise suprise we were correct about that part. I will in time write on another forum but I will keep the questions simple & only ask one at a time, perhaps when I am next in the US we can meet up and discuss your abundant horse before the cart knowledge.
Old Apr 13th 2016, 2:45 am
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Cockney Joe as this forum is for meet-ups...I have moved your posts and responses out of this thread. I have merged them with the thread you opened in the US forum here...

http://britishexpats.com/forum/usa-5...ile-al-875802/
Old May 30th 2016, 1:57 pm
Just Joined

Martinzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all. Im martin. Back in the uk but coming back to Bama soon to stay. Been over twice on my visa already spending months at a time out there. My missus is from Mobile but we are it Troy, Pike county. Moving to Dothan next month though so that is where im going to be living. I miss the the place and can't wait to get back. I really miss the UK though when im out there and struggle somtimes. It's nice knowing there is others out there too.
Old May 30th 2016, 6:28 pm
WJS
Forum Regular

WJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond reputeWJS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Martinzx6r
Hi all. Im martin. Back in the uk but coming back to Bama soon to stay. Been over twice on my visa already spending months at a time out there. My missus is from Mobile but we are it Troy, Pike county. Moving to Dothan next month though so that is where im going to be living. I miss the the place and can't wait to get back. I really miss the UK though when im out there and struggle somtimes. It's nice knowing there is others out there too.
Hi Martin, know what you mean about missing both places. I am currently in the UK (London area) and really looking forward to returning to Alabama.

It has been cold drizzly and cloudy most of the time I have been back here. No dout will be missing the horrible cold days here after spending a little time in the Alabama 90's F soon.
Old May 30th 2016, 10:22 pm
Just Joined

Martinzx6r is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by WJS
Hi Martin, know what you mean about missing both places. I am currently in the UK (London area) and really looking forward to returning to Alabama.

It has been cold drizzly and cloudy most of the time I have been back here. No dout will be missing the horrible cold days here after spending a little time in the Alabama 90's F soon.
I remember when my plane flew over manchester in april has i was about to land. There was snow all over the ground and it looked really pretty, then i just thought how cold it was going to be when i got out there. I just thought OMG what have i come back to this for!!! Lol. Oh well, i'm going back soon. I really miss the night time sounds. Where we live out there is pretty much in the woods and it is like someone flicks a switch at a certain time in the evening and you're transported into the jungle in the film predator. And watching fire flies while laying in the garden at night is brilliant. I need to get back.

Last edited by Martinzx6r; May 30th 2016 at 10:53 pm.