Reload this Page >

Any Brits in Alabama

Any Brits in Alabama

Old Apr 14th 2011, 3:10 pm
Just Joined

reet58 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any Brits in Alabama

Hi
I`m new to this forum. Have been living in Alabama since December 2009. If any one is local please contact as would love to hear from another Brit in Alabama.
Rita
Old May 19th 2011, 12:56 am
Just Joined

colin archer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Any Brits in Alabama

Hi,yes there are quite a few here in Birmingham,I have been here since 92
Old May 19th 2011, 1:22 pm
Just Joined

reet58 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by colin archer
Hi,yes there are quite a few here in Birmingham,I have been here since 92
Hi Colin
Great to hear from another Brit in Alabama. We seem to be the only 2 Brits in town. It takes a bit of getting use to but we definately did the right thing in moving here. Takes a bit of getting use to - just how quiet the town is. Thanks for reply and if your ever in this area pop in
Old May 19th 2011, 11:57 pm
Just Joined

colin archer is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes indeed,i love it here,the weather,friendly people etc.I met a man from Leeds England that is,he was working in a gas station in Leeds Alabama,i got a good laugh out of that.I was born in Crewe in Cheshire,went to school in Ireland,have family in Ascot and Windsor,what brings you to Alabama of all places if you dont mind me asking,I came via New York out of curiosity really and liked it so much I stayed
Old May 25th 2011, 2:02 am
Forum Regular

markaspden is a jewel in the roughmarkaspden is a jewel in the roughmarkaspden is a jewel in the roughmarkaspden is a jewel in the roughmarkaspden is a jewel in the rough

Hi i am from north,yorkshire and i live in montgomery. I have been here since 1997 and love it.
Old Sep 16th 2011, 8:54 pm
Forum Regular

pickups85 will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by reet58
Hi
I`m new to this forum. Have been living in Alabama since December 2009. If any one is local please contact as would love to hear from another Brit in Alabama.
Rita
Rita, i'm Scottish and moved to Kentucky last summer. Currently i'm working in Mobile AL and have been all over the South. I am in Mobile until March of next year
Old Dec 1st 2011, 12:28 am
Just Joined

Petrescuer is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by reet58
Hi
Rita
Hi! New to forun but would love to hear from you as i have. Been in gadsden for a few years and never met anyone from blighty, just figured they were smart enough to stay away lol.
Old Dec 20th 2011, 9:37 pm
Just Joined

broker1 is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been in the Auburn/Opelika area for just over a year now. Originally from Surrey and more recently Dorset. Would love to get in touch with any other Brits living nearby. Happy Christmas!!
Old Jan 11th 2012, 1:23 am
Forum Regular

Lord_GG_Byron will become famous soon enough

Well hello! I'm a Yank who used to, and is planning on living in the UK! I'm currently in the Auburn/Opelika area as well, how are y'all finding Alabama?
Old Jan 11th 2012, 1:13 pm
Forum Regular

jupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nice

Hi All,
Just wanted to say hello to all people in Alabama. I live in Pennsylvania however just accepted a job in Birmingham AL working remotely that does require on and off visits to Birmingham. Would like to connect with some fellow Brits in the 'South'
Old Jan 13th 2012, 5:39 am
Forum Regular

I actually met a Brit a couple months ago, he was driving a red mini with a Union Jack on the roof. It was pretty nice.
Old Jan 13th 2012, 11:48 am
Forum Regular

jupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nicejupiteruk is just really nice

Its a small world! I was at my local mall yesterday and saw a car with New Jersey Plates and a sticker 'Got Manchester United?' plus the emblem of Man U, unfortunately there was no one in the car.
Old Jan 16th 2012, 10:39 pm
Just Joined

broker1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Lord_GG_Byron
Well hello! I'm a Yank who used to, and is planning on living in the UK! I'm currently in the Auburn/Opelika area as well, how are y'all finding Alabama?
Yeah great thanks! Of course there will always be things I miss about England but there is no doubt that the quality of life here is far better. We love the sunshine and the friendly smiles! When are you planning to go back?
Old Jan 17th 2012, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by broker1
Yeah great thanks! Of course there will always be things I miss about England but there is no doubt that the quality of life here is far better. We love the sunshine and the friendly smiles! When are you planning to go back?
Hopefully within the next year or two. A friend is setting up a commodities trading company and he's invited me to work for him once its on the ground.
Old Jan 24th 2012, 1:12 pm
Forum Regular

I hope everyone here came out ok after the tornadoes! No damage here, but was the first time I've regretted having an apartment on the top floor of my building.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.