Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Meet-ups
Reload this Page >

Phoenix Brit Expat Meet Up!

Phoenix Brit Expat Meet Up!

Old Mar 14th 2007, 7:26 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute
Default Phoenix Brit Expat Meet Up!

It's time for another meet up, lets go to Churchill's Pub & Grill again, the food there is yummy! Please visit the Yahoo group website & vote on which days/dates you prefer! Hope to see you all there!

Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:33 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Phoenix Brit Expat Meet Up!

I'll stick the thread till you sort the dates out
Old Mar 14th 2007, 8:58 pm
Back where I belong!

Location: Melbourne, Oz to Banbury, England to El Mirage, AZ & now back to England!
Partystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond reputePartystar has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bob
I'll stick the thread till you sort the dates out
Cheers Bob!
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:47 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Partystar
It's time for another meet up, lets go to Churchill's Pub & Grill again, the food there is yummy! Please visit the Yahoo group website & vote on which days/dates you prefer! Hope to see you all there!

When the date is sorted don't forget to add it to the Meet-up calendar, there is new RSVP feature on it now.
Old Mar 14th 2007, 9:53 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
When the date is sorted don't forget to add it to the Meet-up calendar, there is new RSVP feature on it now.
ohh....that's cool
Old Mar 15th 2007, 12:48 am
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
Been meaning to ask before -- is there any way we could have subgroups for local meet-up groups on BE. Sure there must be a few more out there who'd move here for the convenience of it all.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 2:51 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Been meaning to ask before -- is there any way we could have subgroups for local meet-up groups on BE. Sure there must be a few more out there who'd move here for the convenience of it all.
Do you mean sub-forums or different groups in the meet-up calendar?
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:16 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Originally Posted by Sue
different groups in the calender, Oz meet up should probably be seperate on their own as there's lot of those nutters and people in the UK heading that way...

don't seem enough call for a US meet up group, as it's only those lushes in AZ that meet up
Old Mar 15th 2007, 3:21 pm
Back where I belong!

Originally Posted by Sue
Awesome, good to know, thanx!
Old Mar 15th 2007, 6:01 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sue
I meant sub-forums. We have a very small group that was originally on meetup.com and then moved to yahoo groups when the b*ggers started charging. We only really use it for arranging meetups. Sure there are others in this position.

My idea:
-USA
--Local groups
---Phoenix
---Sticksville
---Metropolis
---etc.

You can add areas based on demand from members. Don't envision they'll be big on thread numbers, but don't see that'll matter. Also will provide a quieter haven for newbies who are moving abroad to a specific area but are intimidated by the busier areas of the board.

Just throwing out an idea BTW. If you want to start it with the Phoenix one, it's all yours. I'll freeze the yahoo group and put links to the new area on here.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:16 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

I meant sub-forums. We have a very small group that was originally on meetup.com and then moved to yahoo groups when the b*ggers started charging. We only really use it for arranging meetups. Sure there are others in this position.

My idea:
-USA
--Local groups
---Phoenix
---Sticksville
---Metropolis
---etc.

You can add areas based on demand from members. Don't envision they'll be big on thread numbers, but don't see that'll matter. Also will provide a quieter haven for newbies who are moving abroad to a specific area but are intimidated by the busier areas of the board.

Just throwing out an idea BTW. If you want to start it with the Phoenix one, it's all yours. I'll freeze the yahoo group and put links to the new area on here.
Not a bad idea that, but probably better to be in the Wiki section, so can easily be updated...
Old Mar 15th 2007, 7:33 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Bob
Not a bad idea that, but probably better to be in the Wiki section, so can easily be updated...
Needs a chat area as well. The FAQ for the sub-forum would, of course, just point to the particular Wiki section.

BTW, when all the info from the USA Read Me is in the Wiki, you can replace it with a single line. Read Me's take up valuable screen real estate.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:06 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Needs a chat area as well. The FAQ for the sub-forum would, of course, just point to the particular Wiki section.

BTW, when all the info from the USA Read Me is in the Wiki, you can replace it with a single line. Read Me's take up valuable screen real estate.
chat room area? people can create there own chat room fromt he main chat, it just dissappears if there's no one in it...
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:10 pm
Septicity

Originally Posted by Bob
chat room area? people can create there own chat room fromt he main chat, it just dissappears if there's no one in it...
Nope! Chat as in bulletin board discourse. This thread, for example, would have found a natural home in such a subforum.
Old Mar 15th 2007, 8:18 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

My idea:
-USA
--Local groups
---Phoenix
---Sticksville
---Metropolis
---etc.

Oh okay. A bit like the one in the Australian forum but this one would be broken down by city/state. Have I got that right?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.