Go Back   British Expats / General / Media Requests

Old May 26th 2017, 4:10 pm   #1
Just Joined

rpracas is an unknown quantity at this point
Default CHANNEL 5 SHOW LOOKING FOR JET LAG SUFFERERS

Hey Everyone!

I'm working on a channel 5 programme all about sleep. We want to do a story on someone who constantly flies back and forth from UK to Aus. Does anyone here fit that brief? And if so, do you want to try out some jet lag remedies and be on TV?
Email me at Ruben.Pracas@spungoldtv.com

Thanks!!
rpracas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 5th 2017, 7:12 am   #2
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: CHANNEL 5 SHOW LOOKING FOR JET LAG SUFFERERS

Talk to some airline Pilots..some of them have quite novel ways of dealing with it.
calman014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 6th 2017, 9:48 am   #3
Just Joined

rpracas is an unknown quantity at this point

Unfortunately the channel wants to stay clear of pilots, just in case it seems like we're saying the profession is damaging to their sleep. If it's someone's lifestyle choice though then that's fine!
rpracas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11th 2017, 7:41 am   #4
BE Enthusiast

calman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond reputecalman014 has a reputation beyond repute

You should talk to them anyway..like I said, some of them have interesting (and very effective) ways of coping with it. It's not only about pilots of course but about how your body copes with it, no different than working night shifts for one week a month. From my own experiences of UK/USA travel I know it takes at least 3 days to acclimatise and get back into sync. on each side. Australia is probably similar or even more extreme. These guys have to do it several times a month.
calman014 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   British Expats / General / Media Requests