Yanks Welcome?

Old Aug 5th 2010, 12:51 pm
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Yanks Welcome?

And that's going easy on you...
Old Aug 5th 2010, 12:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by littlejimmy
And that's going easy on you...
lol i was just thinking that...
Old Aug 5th 2010, 6:53 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I didn't realize commander was scottish!

Commander are you a fattist?

ccmail come back and defend your corner- we love a good bit of banter on here!
Old Aug 6th 2010, 9:23 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kittycat1
I didn't realize commander was scottish!

Commander are you a fattist?

ccmail come back and defend your corner- we love a good bit of banter on here!
not fattist at all, some people are naturally large through no fault of their own, due to metabolism variances and gentics.

But when i see fat people ramming McDonalds down their throat's i do want to scream.

Anyone can lose weight, its simple really. Eat properly and exercise.

I guarentee that ccmail is a podger. She is american, so that ticks a box, she gets her Mc'Donalds delivered (tick).

What does the fact im from Scotland have to do with anything?
Old Aug 6th 2010, 2:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
not fattist at all, some people are naturally large through no fault of their own, due to metabolism variances and gentics.

But when i see fat people ramming McDonalds down their throat's i do want to scream.

Anyone can lose weight, its simple really. Eat properly and exercise.

I guarentee that ccmail is a podger. She is american, so that ticks a box, she gets her Mc'Donalds delivered (tick).

What does the fact im from Scotland have to do with anything?

Ewe McDonalds, never even tasted it, and yes you're right, eat sensibly and mover yer ass is all you have to do to lose weight
Old Aug 6th 2010, 3:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Grace O Malley
Ewe McDonalds, never even tasted it
What! You are so missing out. Best hangover cure.
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

kittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond reputekittycat1 has a reputation beyond repute

I just didnt have you down as a Scot- thought you were a posh southerner- Its not a bad thing!

Just to do a bit of fatty defending, some people say they are happy being fat and beautiful, happy in their own skin etc most however are not, having done various weightloss programmes (and having had my weight yoyo throughout adulthood)I just feel I need to do a bit of fat defense.

When you start to gain weight you stop looking in the mirror- and I mean really looking in the mirror, its easy to look at yourself at the best angles and you do eventually get to the point that you just don't look at all as you don't actually want to see just how bad you look. It's kind of denial because to look at yourself is depressing and you avoid it, but you're still fed up and eating is your comfort- vicious circle.

If you're an alcoholic you would get professional help to quit, you're never an alcoholic because you like the taste of booze too much, you're an alcoholic because you drink to escape your problems, its the same with eating. Saying you have a problem is as hard as an alcoholic admitting it, its bloody hard and is a lifelong battle for most people. How many alcoholics stop drinking altogether to stay off the booze? How many alcoholics can have just one drink- very few, but when your problem is food you have to eat so you are constantly battling with your problem.

Dismissing fat people by saying they just have to eat better and exercise is simplfing the issue, most people overeat for comfort because of whatever issues they have, most obese people are not fat because they just eat too much they are fat because they find comfort in food and have never addressed the underlying issues, as a thin and healthy person you probably find it hard to understand how anyone can let themselves get fat or obese but you'd be amazed at how easy it is. You get to the point where you don't really like your reflection so you stop looking, and before you know it the weight has piled on even further and you feel like its never going to end. The feelings of self loathing, worthlessness etc stop you from helping yourself if you don't like yourself let alone love yourself then you don't help yourself either.

It's all very depressing, and I could go on and on about how complex it all is but basically its a little bit more complicated than just go to the gym and eating less. If it was that easy don't you think there would be no fat people!

I admit I'm fat to myself and anyone else, which is like an alcoholic admitting it, I'm working on it but having struggled for a very long time and inevitably will struggle with it for the rest of my life, so I say give the fattys a break!

Kitty
Old Aug 6th 2010, 8:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

DesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond reputeDesertOcean has a reputation beyond repute

Excellent post Kittycat!
Old Aug 7th 2010, 2:42 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

I just didnt have you down as a Scot- thought you were a posh southerner- Its not a bad thing!

Just to do a bit of fatty defending, some people say they are happy being fat and beautiful, happy in their own skin etc most however are not, having done various weightloss programmes (and having had my weight yoyo throughout adulthood)I just feel I need to do a bit of fat defense.

When you start to gain weight you stop looking in the mirror- and I mean really looking in the mirror, its easy to look at yourself at the best angles and you do eventually get to the point that you just don't look at all as you don't actually want to see just how bad you look. It's kind of denial because to look at yourself is depressing and you avoid it, but you're still fed up and eating is your comfort- vicious circle.

If you're an alcoholic you would get professional help to quit, you're never an alcoholic because you like the taste of booze too much, you're an alcoholic because you drink to escape your problems, its the same with eating. Saying you have a problem is as hard as an alcoholic admitting it, its bloody hard and is a lifelong battle for most people. How many alcoholics stop drinking altogether to stay off the booze? How many alcoholics can have just one drink- very few, but when your problem is food you have to eat so you are constantly battling with your problem.

Dismissing fat people by saying they just have to eat better and exercise is simplfing the issue, most people overeat for comfort because of whatever issues they have, most obese people are not fat because they just eat too much they are fat because they find comfort in food and have never addressed the underlying issues, as a thin and healthy person you probably find it hard to understand how anyone can let themselves get fat or obese but you'd be amazed at how easy it is. You get to the point where you don't really like your reflection so you stop looking, and before you know it the weight has piled on even further and you feel like its never going to end. The feelings of self loathing, worthlessness etc stop you from helping yourself if you don't like yourself let alone love yourself then you don't help yourself either.

It's all very depressing, and I could go on and on about how complex it all is but basically its a little bit more complicated than just go to the gym and eating less. If it was that easy don't you think there would be no fat people!

I admit I'm fat to myself and anyone else, which is like an alcoholic admitting it, I'm working on it but having struggled for a very long time and inevitably will struggle with it for the rest of my life, so I say give the fattys a break!

Kitty
well you no doubt burnt off a few calories typing that.

lovely but its still a matter if calories in versus calories burnt off.

not saying its easy but to compare it to alcoholics is a bit mental.

im thin only cause of my exercise regime. before this i was over 100Kg and classed as obese,
Old Aug 7th 2010, 4:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

yes and all an alcoholic has to do is stop drinking right.

I think they are comparable, nice to see you have an open mind as ever
Old Aug 7th 2010, 4:59 am
banned

yes and all an alcoholic has to do is stop drinking right.

I think they are comparable, nice to see you have an open mind as ever
its non comparable. An alcoholic is addicted to a drug. With food you dont need to abstain, you just need to eat the correct things and not to excess

An alcoholic isnt just addicted to beer or wine or say vodka..
Old Aug 7th 2010, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
im thin only cause of my exercise regime. before this i was over 100Kg and classed as obese,
Seriously? when did you lose it? i.e at what time in your life? Well done.

I always used say to my dad (who is very overweight) that the reason is that he is overweight is that his cake hole is bigger than his ass hole. He is now retired and losing weight quite quickly, he was comfort eating and not doing much due to the stress of his job. So, I have to say Kitty has a point when she says it's more complex than the cake hole - poo hole argument.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

So why can some people drink regularly and not become alcoholics?

I have been in a room full of women, where they are crying (and I mean really sobbing) they are so unhappy, they don't want to be fat and they loathe themselves for being overweight, but if they have a moment of feeling down or depressed they turn to food as it gives them comfort, the same as an alcoholic would turn to drink. How they associate food to happiness is a deep association, going back to when your parents give you a treat if your good. It's incredibly hard to break a lifetime of associating food = comfort. But what gives you comfort ultimately makes you unhappy. To be happy food gives you a moment of comfort. You have to find an alternative to food but you've had your entire life being conditioned that food is a reward.

You are right commander and I agree with you, but for some people it really is like giving up a drug.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:05 am
Excess Baggage

littlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond reputelittlejimmy has a reputation beyond repute

I'm with the kitty here. Some people eat for comfort and pleasure. Sugary, fatty foods are known to stimulate pleasure centres in the brain and people can easily get addicted to them. Of course it's not black and white, and there are lazy and greedy people out there, but if it was so damn easy to be thin, there would be fewer fat people around.
Old Aug 7th 2010, 9:40 am
BE Forum Addict

um just had 2 chocolate croissants and an apricot danish, loving chocolate and sugar all day long!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.