Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Working as a doctor in Dubai

Working as a doctor in Dubai

Old Feb 28th 2015, 6:43 am
Just Joined

jaw101ie is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Working as a doctor in Dubai

Hello all,
I'd like to enquire about my aunt who is a Pediatric Cardiologist in Libya and wants to relocate to Dubai.
I want to understand first of all what is the process of a Doctor finding work in Dubai? I heard that they must get licensed first.
However, this is confusing to me, because does that mean that every doctor who wants to relocate to Dubai must come here and get a visa and stay for a month and do the license exam before they even begin to apply for a job?
Surely there is a system for recruiting a doctor from abroad who can then start working and then do the licensing exams after they start in their post?
Thank you.
Old Feb 28th 2015, 8:43 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Working as a doctor in Dubai

Originally Posted by jaw101ie
Hello all,
I'd like to enquire about my aunt who is a Pediatric Cardiologist in Libya and wants to relocate to Dubai.
I want to understand first of all what is the process of a Doctor finding work in Dubai? I heard that they must get licensed first.
However, this is confusing to me, because does that mean that every doctor who wants to relocate to Dubai must come here and get a visa and stay for a month and do the license exam before they even begin to apply for a job?
Surely there is a system for recruiting a doctor from abroad who can then start working and then do the licensing exams after they start in their post?
Thank you.
You are unlikely to get too much specific advice from a site set up for BRITISH expats who are extremely unlikely to know what the requirements for Libyan people wanting to move there are.
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Would the procedure be different for those domiciled in Libya ?
Old Mar 5th 2015, 2:40 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
No idea, but it might be,,
Old Mar 9th 2015, 8:23 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot47
I doubt that domicile would be the deciding factor. Where she trained and qualified is likely to be far more relevant--and its quite likely that the procedure is different.