Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Verbal Offer to Offer Letter in the Current Situation (QATAR)

Verbal Offer to Offer Letter in the Current Situation (QATAR)

Old Jul 24th 2017, 8:36 am
Just Joined

The_88 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Verbal Offer to Offer Letter in the Current Situation (QATAR)

Hi all,

As the title states, I received a verbal offer a couple of weeks ago for another position but still in Qatar (let's forget about the NOC process for now, please!).

The Country Manager (interviewer) and my recruiter (external) have been very open with me. I was told I got the job, after Ramadan I was told the offer letter is now with HR (in Bahrain) and is ready to be released.

Some time passed so I called the Country Manager and he told me that all is signed off from both his side and the Higher Management (Head Company's) side. The problem is the current situation in the GCC.

As the HR department is located in the Head Office in Bahrain and the position is in Qatar, they were very open i stating that things have slowed down and that they will push HR (from the Qatar side) and try to speed things up.

In reality, how long do you think this could / should take? If the offer letter is ready to be released it is simply the case of sending it (I am aware of rerouting etc. as this is part of my job).

I'm just a little concerned for several personal reasons and am eager to begin this process ASAP, also I would like to see the letter fr further peace of mind.

If anyone has any experience or helpful info then it would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance!
Old Jul 26th 2017, 4:36 am
Knee deep and rising

weasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond reputeweasel decentral has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Verbal Offer to Offer Letter in the Current Situation (QATAR)

This won't give you peace of mind but it could take months, or in fact never happen. In your situation I'd continue looking around and not pin all your hopes on this opportunity.
Old Jul 26th 2017, 5:29 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Qatar isn't worth it.
Old Aug 18th 2017, 6:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Standanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond reputeStandanista has a reputation beyond repute

I've had a verbal offer hanging in the air from Qatar for months. This week I was told it would be another 3 months as the powers that be are prioritising food security over that particular project. I'm not holding my breath.