Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

British Girl Seeking Work/Sponsorship moving to Dubai

British Girl Seeking Work/Sponsorship moving to Dubai

Old May 11th 2017, 2:34 pm
Just Joined

jodiekp123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default British Girl Seeking Work/Sponsorship moving to Dubai

Hey

My partner has just been offered a position as a school in Dubai and has been sponsored. I am looking to move out here too.

I currently work within the travel industry with 6 years in sales and customer experience. I am wanting to find work out here and also get a sponsorship via the company, any recommendations/suggestions?

Also heard a lot of different stories about the life style, living together whilst not being married etc, and wondered what is actually the truth?

Thanks
Old May 11th 2017, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: British Girl Seeking Work/Sponsorship moving to Dubai

Mmmm so your partner is a school (school teacher i presume)

OK the Travel Industry is dominated by Fillipino`s and Indians at your level unless you can find a niche where a requirement was for a British girl, and the salaries are very low!

Life Style, yes you can have a great lifestyle here, but you need to earn the wonga to have it, leading a champagne lifestyle on a cider salary will not cut it. You need to do your homework on what outgoings you will both have against your income, especially the initial deposits required + 3 months accommodation up front and agents fees. Then there is furniture etc etc, plus a car cost if you will rent one, food, petrol, Electricity & Water

Living together whilst not married, the law here is quite straightforward it is illegal, however plenty do and get away with it some do not and I am sure you have seen the stories. It only takes a jealous colleague, or a nosy nightwatchman to report you and you will end up in jail!

I wish you luck, but do be realistic with the costs, as a Teacher I would not say your partner is earning a great salary, and in your line do not get your expectations up too high either.

I am sure others will post a better understanding on the costs with some figures, be patient as it is the weekend here and they are all on their yachts drinking champers.

I wish you luck, but
Old May 11th 2017, 4:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond reputeDubaiexile has a reputation beyond repute

Mmmm so your partner is a school (school teacher i presume)

OK the Travel Industry is dominated by Fillipino`s and Indians at your level unless you can find a niche where a requirement was for a British girl, and the salaries are very low!

Life Style, yes you can have a great lifestyle here, but you need to earn the wonga to have it, leading a champagne lifestyle on a cider salary will not cut it. You need to do your homework on what outgoings you will both have against your income, especially the initial deposits required + 3 months accommodation up front and agents fees. Then there is furniture etc etc, plus a car cost if you will rent one, food, petrol, Electricity & Water

Living together whilst not married, the law here is quite straightforward it is illegal, however plenty do and get away with it some do not and I am sure you have seen the stories. It only takes a jealous colleague, or a nosy nightwatchman to report you and you will end up in jail!

I wish you luck, but do be realistic with the costs, as a Teacher I would not say your partner is earning a great salary, and in your line do not get your expectations up too high either.

I am sure others will post a better understanding on the costs with some figures, be patient as it is the weekend here and they are all on their yachts drinking champers.

I wish you luck, but
Old May 11th 2017, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also look at this it might help working out costs

http://britishexpats.com/forum/middl...-qatar-762609/
Old May 11th 2017, 4:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also look at this it might help working out costs

http://britishexpats.com/forum/middl...-qatar-762609/
Old May 12th 2017, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

mission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond reputemission has a reputation beyond repute

err DUBS what's with the multiple posts
Old May 12th 2017, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by mission
Got a stammer
Old May 12th 2017, 4:07 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mission
It's a BE problem it sometimes does that, worth checking back once you have posted.