Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Unethical Employer behaviour

Unethical Employer behaviour

Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:46 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Unethical Employer behaviour

why should they get away with though! I agree with Commander the baby is the priority at the minute but there is alot of money involved here, it just aint right.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:50 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

This whole retarded town is not fair, to be fair
Old Feb 20th 2009, 6:50 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by commander
This whole retarded town is not fair, to be fair
I know
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:15 am
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Normally dean, I'd agree but she is heavily pregnant and the hassle and stress (combined with the fact that employers can make life very very difficult for people if they wish. I.e residency status etc) for me makes it not worth it.

Put all the energy into baby and mums well being.
Complaints have been lodged with Tecom.
A letter has also been sent directly to the owner.
If nothing is done within the next few days then we are going to the press.

Residency status is not a problem, I have a company in DIC so can sponsor her myself.

We are going to fight this, we are not letting them get away with it.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:18 am
banned

commander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond reputecommander has a reputation beyond repute

Then I wish you all the best

Good luck!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:18 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by Jammy_Dodgers
Complaints have been lodged with Tecom.
A letter has also been sent directly to the owner.
If nothing is done within the next few days then we are going to the press.

Residency status is not a problem, I have a company in DIC so can sponsor her myself.

We are going to fight this, we are not letting them get away with it.
good!!!
Old Feb 20th 2009, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

B Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of lightB Bear is a glorious beacon of light

...just send details to the Daily Mail in UK.........
Old Feb 20th 2009, 3:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Confucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond reputeConfucius has a reputation beyond repute

Normally dean, I'd agree but she is heavily pregnant and the hassle and stress (combined with the fact that employers can make life very very difficult for people if they wish. I.e residency status etc) for me makes it not worth it.

Put all the energy into baby and mums well being.
Well...For some, money and spite supersedes everything else...
Old Feb 20th 2009, 7:55 pm
Up in the air

Jammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond reputeJammy_Dodgers has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Confucius
Well...For some, money and spite supersedes everything else...
For us it's neither a case of the money or for us to be spiteful.
Old Feb 20th 2009, 8:56 pm
Forum Regular

Smacked is an unknown quantity at this point

JD fight all the way, it's not like you are asking for something that is not yours. Good luck to both(three) of you!
Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

girlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to all

Trouble is despite them claiming they are not in financial trouble (hmmm heard that false claim before!) chances are that they actually are and there just isn't enough money in the pot.

If that is the case being in the right isn't going to make the slightest difference.

I'd chalk it down to a bad experience and put my efforts into the baby.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 3:53 am
Concierge

Originally Posted by girlabouttown
Trouble is despite them claiming they are not in financial trouble (hmmm heard that false claim before!) chances are that they actually are and there just isn't enough money in the pot.

If that is the case being in the right isn't going to make the slightest difference.

then they have broken the law. By Law they have to have all employees end of service gratuities in a separate account.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

girlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to allgirlabouttown is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Blue Cat
then they have broken the law. By Law they have to have all employees end of service gratuities in a separate account.
They probably have broken the law. It wouldn't be the first time a company here had disregarded both the legal and ethical standards required of them.

My point is if there is no money there is no money. You can scream and shout, go to court and jump up and down and sadly all you'll get is a great deal of stress and a big bill from your lawyer.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 4:07 am
Concierge

They probably have broken the law. It wouldn't be the first time a company here had disregarded both the legal and ethical standards required of them.

My point is if there is no money there is no money. You can scream and shout, go to court and jump up and down and sadly all you'll get is a great deal of stress and a big bill from your lawyer.

from my understanding to register a case at the labour court it is totally free and the Judges are on the side of the employees.
Old Feb 21st 2009, 5:05 am
Up in the air

I appreciate what your saying, and as you rightly said, we are putting our efforts into us first and formost.

We do not however intend to to right-it-off as an experience.

To be honest, money isnt the issue here, and im not bothered if we get it or not.

If we allow him to get away with this, he will use the same tactic with other staff within his group of companies, many who are alot more worse off than us.

If at the end of it we dont get any money, but employers have realised they cant break the law like this without people making a stand, then i will be happy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.