UAE and change of jobs

Old Sep 30th 2017, 4:57 pm
Forum Regular

Don63 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UAE and change of jobs

Hi all ,

I am seeking anyone's advice or experience regarding a job change in the UAE. I have UAE residency (expiry mid 2018) which is employer sponsored since 2014 at which time i went through the process of qualification attestation, health checks etc. that ran smoothly with the visa renewed by the same employer in 2016. I am considering a job change for 2018 which will be in the same field of work (construction project manager) which is the title on the the visa. To enable a move, i understand the current employer must issue a NOC as the contract is unlimited, which should not be a problem. My question though, do i need to get the qualification attested again ? I can understand a new round of health checks may be required but the job title would not change. In 2014, the qualification attested was MRICS (not a degree but endorsed by UK NARIC as UK Masters degree equivalent). I am aware that KSA and maybe some other GCC countries have a problem with professional memberships which was not the case in the UAE in 2014 and if attesting in 2018 it may present a problem.

Any comments would be welcome - thanks.