teaching jobs in abu dhabi

Old Mar 2nd 2009, 6:55 pm
Just Joined

genan is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face teaching jobs in abu dhabi

I have recently attended two interviews for 2 schools in Abu Dhabi namely Emirates National and Pearl Primary. However i am a little worried about the accommodation. Does any one know what teaching is like over there and what the accommodation is like for teachers?

Last edited by genan; Mar 2nd 2009 at 6:58 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 4:09 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all
Default Re: teaching jobs in abu dhabi

Don't know anything about accommodation (didn't you ask them in the interview?) but I wouldn't touch ENS with a barge-pole. I know several people who work(ed) there and it sounds a complete nightmare. You should be fine with Pearl Primary. If you have a PGCE and experience of teaching in the UK you could also try BSAK (British School Al Khubairat).
Old Mar 3rd 2009, 10:02 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by hawkhead
Don't know anything about accommodation (didn't you ask them in the interview?) but I wouldn't touch ENS with a barge-pole. I know several people who work(ed) there and it sounds a complete nightmare. You should be fine with Pearl Primary. If you have a PGCE and experience of teaching in the UK you could also try BSAK (British School Al Khubairat).
I did ask about accommodation and they both said single furnished appartment but I wanted to know what it look like.

By the way I do have a PGCE and have been teaching in UK for 5 years.

Applied to BSAK but didn't get interview.

What other schools would you recommend in Abu Dhabi?
Old Mar 4th 2009, 4:29 am
BE Enthusiast

hawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to allhawkhead is a name known to all

I would have thought BSAK and PP would be your best bet. Otherwise you could try Al Rabia (sp?) which is a private school but a lot of the staff are western and they seem happy enough (I have some friends working there).
Old Mar 4th 2009, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by hawkhead
yes do go anywhere near ens. bsak or pearl or yasmina (brit curr schools) are fine. they wont tell you where because they may not have any accommodation (big prob here) but i know a lot of teachers from bsak/pp/yasima and its fine.
Old Mar 4th 2009, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Post Re: teaching jobs in abu dhabi

Thanks for the advice
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Originally Posted by genan
I did ask about accommodation and they both said single furnished appartment but I wanted to know what it look like.

By the way I do have a PGCE and have been teaching in UK for 5 years.

Applied to BSAK but didn't get interview.

What other schools would you recommend in Abu Dhabi?

New British International School opening in Sept is now recruiting, try searching on Nord Anglia
Old Mar 6th 2009, 6:40 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that Lanarkwitch