Sidra Hospital in Doha

Old Oct 14th 2015, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Kokorina is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Sidra Hospital in Doha

Hi everyone,

I was wondering if anyone could advice me. I'm a diagnostic radiographer from the UK (working for 1yr and half) looking to move to Qatar. Does anyone know of any agency that could help me or advice me on how to go on about it.

Thanx
Old Oct 15th 2015, 6:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

You will be competing in the labour market with staff from the Philippines and South Asia. Are there any radiographers from the UK working there ?
Old Oct 25th 2015, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

radiodoc is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Another Doctor heading for Qatar

Hi Guys
Any doctors from UK?
I am a senior consultant (hospital doctor) looking at a job in Qatar.
I am trying to figure out a salary to propose to the hospital.
Given the fact that Qatar is buying up most of London , would anyone here in a similar situation know the negotiating rates for UK expat doctors ?
Old Oct 26th 2015, 12:27 pm
Just Joined

radiodoc is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Salzburg
Hi everyone,

I'm new to BE, and hope someone might be able to help. I am being flown with my wife and 2 kids to Doha on Friday for a 5 day site visit and interview to Sidra Hospital in Doha. I am a senior clinician and hospital director by profession currently in the USA. The expat package looks amazing, but I am wondering what salary I would need to live comfortably? Does Sidra have a reputation of paying well?
They are offering housing, either on site for free or an allowance towards a villa-I rather like west bay lagoon. Schooling is paid for for the kids and a guaranteed spot at the Qatar Academy Sidra School. Is that school any good??

The hospital won't officially open until March 2015 so there is a lot to do to prepare for opening, but I'm wondering if anyone else works there? What have people heard of Sidra?

I have read many of the Qatar posts on here, but does anyone have a pearl of wisdom to share on living in Qatar? Things to do, avoid, be prepaid for, wished they'd knew before coming?

Thanks very much in advance everyone!!
Hi Salzburg
I am in a similar situation ,senior clinician from UK trying for a job in Qatar as an expat.
Is there any way to get in touch with you to get an idea of things ?
Cheers
Old Aug 21st 2016, 12:13 pm
Just Joined

samoroc is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone-

Just been offered a position at Sidra and wondered if anyone can give me a bit more info about accommodation/lifestyle/lifework balance. I desperately need a change from the NHS but am a bit worried about jumping out of the frying pan and into the fire!!!!!!

Also, whats the housing like? Is it near the hospital- ie would I have to commute? Do they provide bedding/linen/towels or do I need to bring with?
The salary I've been offered is pretty much the same as here in the Uk but at least its tax free and housing included. Am I deluded in thinking I might be able to save a little or does cost of living and meals out, etc eat into any benefits?

Be really great to hear from any one currently out there?

Thanks,
samoroc
Old Oct 12th 2016, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

UKGP is an unknown quantity at this point

Is Sidra for secondary care only, or does it employ Family Medicine Consultants?
Old Jan 29th 2017, 9:38 pm
Just Joined

c.cat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone

I am also new to BE and would like to know more info about the staff accommodation for a single person. Heard from the agency saying it will be a one bedroom flat if so it will be brilliant!! Try to PM some people from the older reply regards to send some pictures of the flat but I have no authority to do: (((
If any of you have some pictures I would be so greatful if you can send the to me and please tell me more about the daily routine of living in Doha, any recommendations what to bring from the UK when first time arrive? Silly things like bedding, hair dryer and lots of tampons?? Heard from a friend saying some one told her tampons are not allowe in Qatar?

Many thanks
Old Mar 14th 2017, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Mimzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hie everyone

I am a theatre nurse from London considering joining Sidra. I would also like to hear from any nurses already on site how it is, accommodation how far it is from the hospital etc, the cost of living for day to day living. How far the hospital is from Doha city Centre.
Please, please if some can help with all useful information that can help someone new planning to move to Sidra, the pro's an con's of moving. Any information will be good.

Mimzie
Old Jul 27th 2017, 10:50 pm
Just Joined

TheHappyMidwife is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,

I'm a midwife from the uk. Have been offered a position at sidra and wanted to know how long the process took people. Also as many have asked, what's the provided accommodation like, do you pay your own utilities? What's the cost of living like and how do most spend their free time. Looking forward to hearing back.

Regards,
THM
Old Jul 28th 2017, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

Mimzie is an unknown quantity at this point

Hie

So does it mean no one on this forum has arrived in doha yet?

Got the job at Sidra and now starting the process.
Old Aug 26th 2017, 12:24 pm
Just Joined

DMSB is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
I had my Skype interview few days back for Consultant anaesthetist post at SIDRA. They offered me the job. Can anyone tell me the salary range for consultant doctors at SIDRA? Current living situation at Qatar ?
Old Sep 16th 2017, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

drjishar is an unknown quantity at this point

@DMSB-- I have an interview with sidra( skype) after 2 days for consultant anaesthesia post.Can you pls share what questions you got asked and other details.With regards to salary and package i am in touch with few other doctors( consultant obs) who been there for 1 year or so..the salary one year ago was from 75 to 95 k per month.I am trying to contact anaesthetist there..will let u know if i get any more info.
Old Oct 17th 2017, 5:26 pm
Just Joined

Aims76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by DMSB
Hi
I had my Skype interview few days back for Consultant anaesthetist post at SIDRA. They offered me the job. Can anyone tell me the salary range for consultant doctors at SIDRA? Current living situation at Qatar ?
Hi DMSB
I am also in process of applying for consultant anaesthetist job at SIDRA. How much have you been offered? I know they were offering a lot last year. When are you planning to move?
Old Oct 17th 2017, 5:30 pm
Just Joined

Aims76 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by drjishar
@DMSB-- I have an interview with sidra( skype) after 2 days for consultant anaesthesia post.Can you pls share what questions you got asked and other details.With regards to salary and package i am in touch with few other doctors( consultant obs) who been there for 1 year or so..the salary one year ago was from 75 to 95 k per month.I am trying to contact anaesthetist there..will let u know if i get any more info.
Hi drjisher
Have you had you interview? I am also having interview at SIDRA for consultant anaesthetist job. Would appreciate your experience and what package you have been offered? Don't want to go for interview if package is not good enough-specially in these unpredictable conditions.
Old Oct 24th 2017, 1:25 pm
Just Joined

rongnan.zhao is an unknown quantity at this point

hello everyone

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.