Saudi Help reqd

Old Oct 27th 2013, 7:25 am
Just Joined

Gtvscott is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Saudi Help reqd

Hi Sarah,
I had my interview in the afternoon and was offered a console Ops position on the Isocyanates plant.
I have no dates yet as I am offshore and havent actually signed my contract, therefore my visa application etc..hasnt yet started. As Howie stated they were looking for people to start the first week in January, but that isnt going to happen for me as I have a 3 month notice period.

I have looked at Bahrain and the property seems to be quite expensive, possibly having to add at least £700 to the allowance just to get an average property.
I myself will be getting married next year and have negotiated time off so my famnily wont be over till possibly early 2015 depending on how long the training is going to be.

Howie if I was you I would try and conform what position they are interviewing for as most/all of the guys (inst techs) yesterday bascially wasted a day as the job they were interviewing for turned out to be an engineers position!
I believe a few will be getting invited back or given skype interviews for other mtce or ops positions. Half of them just walked out as soon as they found out what was going on apparently.
Old Oct 27th 2013, 10:01 pm
Just Joined

Bella1987 is an unknown quantity at this point

James is in similar position as you, he didn't sign anything on the day and so is waiting for paperwork etc to one through the post now. We live near Hull in Yorkshire at the moment. Do either of your wives plan on working whilst out there? I want to get a job there ASAP, but need to figure out how it works with visas etc first...will have to try to find the right thread on here to ask some questions!

We have heard that there is no holidays allowed during the 6 months OTJ training, do either of you know if that's true?
Old Oct 28th 2013, 4:32 am
Forum Regular

Howie1973 is an unknown quantity at this point

nope my wife wont be working as she will be home schooling our 7 year old, i heard you cant take a holiday in the first 3 months as its your probation period.
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:28 pm
Just Joined

Rigsy51 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've also been offered a position with sadara in jubail. Start date 1st jan if I accept. Currently mulling over their offer with my wife who probably won't be joining me. Not sure where ill be living if the new compound hasn't even been built yet!
I also have been told I'll be training in Germany for 3-12 months, staying in 5star hotel and receiving an extra pay incentive whilst doing so.
All in all the package seems ok, but I've worked for 26years at Novartis so will be a massive change. I want to be sure I'm doing the right thing!!
Old Nov 6th 2013, 6:54 pm
Forum Regular

nice one mate, the al jude 2 compound is built so you might be in there.

Is your wife allowed to come out to germany whenever she likes.

Where about is it in Germany is it Liepzig

Are you allowed to come home whilst training every weekend if its monday to friday
Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:38 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Howie1973
nice one mate, the al jude 2 compound is built so you might be in there.

Is your wife allowed to come out to germany whenever she likes.

Where about is it in Germany is it Liepzig

Are you allowed to come home whilst training every weekend if its monday to friday
Not sure about whether she can come out whenever she likes but I think it is Leipzig yes.
Still need to find out if I'm allowed home at weekends. Only a two hour flight so can't see it being much of a problem though.
Are you going to Germany?
Old Nov 6th 2013, 8:50 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Gtvscott
Howie if I was you I would try and conform what position they are interviewing for as most/all of the guys (inst techs) yesterday bascially wasted a day as the job they were interviewing for turned out to be an engineers position!
I believe a few will be getting invited back or given skype interviews for other mtce or ops positions. Half of them just walked out as soon as they found out what was going on apparently.
Hi mate,
I was told by the recruitment agency that they're interviewing guys then slotting them in roles that they feel they're suitable for. I applied for console operator and they've offered me a technical advisor role based on my experience etc.
Rigs
Old Nov 7th 2013, 6:31 am
Forum Regular

I am still waiting on word from Sadara but in the mean time i am also waiting on word for Basrah 4/4
Old Nov 13th 2013, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

raceytherunner is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi All

I have recently had an i interview in London for Operator Trainer role but turned it down and waiting for a call on the Jubail project which sounds a lot better prospect.

Regarding The commute from Bahrain I was told while at interview that it can sometimes take up to 3 hours to get over the causeway at busy periods so travelling to and from here would be a pain. Still can go during time off for a few pints

I am hopefully waiting myself for a Console operator role in Jubail but been told all the slots have now been filled for the 1st intake unless any candidates drop out. I was told the next intake will be beginning 2014.....will be watching
Old Nov 13th 2013, 2:43 pm
Just Joined

And Good Posts GTVSCOTT
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:19 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by raceytherunner
Hi All

I have recently had an i interview in London for Operator Trainer role but turned it down and waiting for a call on the Jubail project which sounds a lot better prospect.

Regarding The commute from Bahrain I was told while at interview that it can sometimes take up to 3 hours to get over the causeway at busy periods so travelling to and from here would be a pain. Still can go during time off for a few pints

I am hopefully waiting myself for a Console operator role in Jubail but been told all the slots have now been filled for the 1st intake unless any candidates drop out. I was told the next intake will be beginning 2014.....will be watching
Was the operator trainer job with Saudi Aramco but contracted with Haku
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:26 pm
Just Joined

Hi Howie

Yes it was with Aramco but different contractor to the one you say. Forget the name now ?

Never really fancied that role as a teacher but keen on the Jubail project see what turns up.
Old Nov 13th 2013, 7:40 pm
Forum Regular

Have you checked out the saudi aramco careers page as they are coming to grangemouth for an open day this friday
Old Nov 14th 2013, 10:47 am
Just Joined

Cheers Howie

CV gone in as I'm offshore again seem to miss all these recruitment days but see what happens.

Jubail sadara still my No 1 target at the Moment.
Old Nov 14th 2013, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

This isnt a chat up line but are you married Racey.

Do you know Jubail is a shit hole off epic proportion

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.