Salary question

Old May 21st 2014, 2:33 pm
Forum Regular

Crewegirl is on a distinguished road
Default Salary question

Well the time has come for me to give in and go get a job.
18 months of nothing and no kids to run around after is taking its toll and sending me a bit mad so I've been looking at a classroom assistant role here in Doha. My question is what should I expect scary wise? I have no experience as I'm a phlebotomist but here in happy land you need a degree in science to be a phlebotomist( why I just don't know) and my NHS certificate and training just doesn't cut it, so on to the classroom I go...maybe.
Can anyone give me any idea? It would be in a nursery school.
Many thanks
Old May 21st 2014, 2:36 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141
Default Re: Salary question

Originally Posted by Crewegirl
18 months of nothing and no kids to run around after is taking its toll and sending me a bit mad so I've been looking at a classroom assistant role here in Doha. My question is what should I expect scary wise? I have no experience as I'm a phlebotomist but here in happy land you need a degree in science to be a phlebotomist( why I just don't know) and my NHS certificate and training just doesn't cut it, so on to the classroom I go...maybe.
Many thanks
Not a lot.
In fact, the kind of amount that will make you think it's not worth it.

Friend of mine's wife had an interview with a school for FS1 assistant role, on a local hire contract (on his visa), they'd offer between 3-4,500 a month.
Old May 21st 2014, 2:36 pm
Forum Regular

Whoops salary wise..
Old May 21st 2014, 2:38 pm
Forum Regular

And how many hours was that for? Do you know? That's bad very bad.
Old May 21st 2014, 2:40 pm
Forum Regular

I would insist on staying on my husbands visa too so I can leave the country when I want.
Old May 21st 2014, 2:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141 scrubbedexpat141

It was FS1 so assuming only like 8-12 or 8-1 maybe?

It was for a big chain
Old May 21st 2014, 3:00 pm
Forum Regular

Yes same hours as here and to be honest that wage is an insult even with no experience under my belt....oh dear best get back to the drawing board.
Thanks for the heads up scamp.
Old May 21st 2014, 3:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

scot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond reputescot47 has a reputation beyond repute

Local hire in Jeddah or Riyadh or Khobar is similar. Welcome to the real world. Unpleasant.
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

Many thanks
not a lot..... i know in auh they are like 3/4k aed
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:20 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

busybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond reputebusybee2 has a reputation beyond repute

its usually on local hire, not their visa.... and if teaching assistant it will be term time only, not paid for holidays etc. so like up to 2.30 or so.
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:21 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes same hours as here and to be honest that wage is an insult even with no experience under my belt....oh dear best get back to the drawing board.
Thanks for the heads up scamp.
thats what its like here across the gcc!
Old May 22nd 2014, 4:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

Mrs Millhouse is a TA. She gets 5000 a month and works 7.45-3pm.

If you are doing it for the money then you won't be taking on the job. If you are doing it as you want something to do then you'll take the job. When she applied for the job she thought it was 2000/ month.

5000 a month is actually a lot of money. Clearly you don't need it so you'll be just spending it. 5000 a month is quite a lot to try and blow each month on clothes, electronic gadgets, beer. etc. It pays for a decent holiday every two months if you save it.
Old May 22nd 2014, 10:02 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for the advice and no you are right it's for sane mind and not money.
Thanks again
Old May 22nd 2014, 10:51 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks everyone for the advice and no you are right it's for sane mind and not money.
Thanks again
You will earn between 4000-7000 QR depending on which school and level of role . Hours are usually 7am- 1.30 / 2.30 pm . You get all the holidays and paid when you're off , it's a great deal .

By the way i don't work in a school but my Missus does

They're crying out for T.A's as well . Try Doha Collage / Cardiff / Montessori