Salary in QATAR

Old Nov 4th 2016, 2:45 pm
Just Joined

Richardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond repute
Default Salary in QATAR

Hi everybody,

I am a UK citizen recently offered a job as a senior piping engineer for a large engineering oil company. I am going to negotiate the rate this week. I am thinking of 670K Qatari Rials annually, all inclusive. This is the minimum rate that I can convince myself to move for.

I have never been Qatar before and I have no clue about rates in Qatar. What I have in my mind is only based on my understanding from UK market.

I appreciate your input.

Regards

Richard
Old Nov 6th 2016, 4:22 am
BE Forum Addict

jam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond reputejam25mack has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary in QATAR

What does a senior piping engineer do?

55K a month seems like a lot of bunce to me.... especially when O&G and Qatar are on their ass.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Richardjames
Hi everybody,

I am a UK citizen recently offered a job as a senior piping engineer for a large engineering oil company. I am going to negotiate the rate this week. I am thinking of 670K Qatari Rials annually, all inclusive. This is the minimum rate that I can convince myself to move for.

I have never been Qatar before and I have no clue about rates in Qatar. What I have in my mind is only based on my understanding from UK market.

I appreciate your input.

Regards

Richard
That seems like decent money and you'll need good money in Qatar as it's very expensive and basically shit so you need compensating.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 11:51 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Millhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond reputeMillhouse has a reputation beyond repute

I would highly recommend you visit before you agree to anything, and certainly before you commit.
Old Nov 6th 2016, 6:47 pm
Just Joined

Richardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond reputeRichardjames has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by co durham boy
That seems like decent money and you'll need good money in Qatar as it's very expensive and basically shit so you need compensating.
Thanks very much for your input. I persume you have lived in Qatar. There are lots of posts regarding average living cost in Qatar, I am not able to figure it out how much would be my monthly saving on average.

Me and my wife have not kids, for two Britons living average standards, I am trying to figure it out, how much I might be able to save. The contract is for 3 years initially.

I am also thinking about safety of my family, can you please comment on how safe is qatar for a brit family? especialy for women?

Thanks again
Old Nov 6th 2016, 6:53 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Millhouse
I would highly recommend you visit before you agree to anything, and certainly before you commit.
Thanks very much for your response. I received the offer for the job in principle. The plan arranged to negotiate the terms including salary this week.

I am asked to go to their office in Qatar to in December to visit.

Thanks again.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 3:48 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

I think the money is fine. You'll soon find that it'll be easy to spend almost all of it, equally it's also easy to be frugal and leave at the end of three years with gobs of savings. Up to you.

A few things:

Qatar is perfectly safe. There is very little crime. Women are treated just fine and dandy. They're not expected to cover up like Saudi. They can drive. The worst a western woman will experience in Qatar is in certain parts of Doha where you have a lot of labourers, they may stare a bit too intently.

But Qatar is a culturally conservative place. It's definitely not Dubai by any stretch of the imagination. Just dress modestly and behave modestly in public and you will be fine.

Qatar is a very quiet, very staid and dull place where you pay a whole lot of money for the privilege of living there. There's a few impressive pictures of West Bay and the Pearl if you google for them, but behind the veneer it's still a traditional if rapidly developing Arab country. Even the modern veneer of Qatar really isn't all that great, look more closely and you'll see how it truly lacks of the quality or professionalism you otherwise expect. Your biggest danger (other than boredom) is getting yourself trapped into a particular circumstance through no wrongdoing of your own but because the arcane laws haven't caught up with the times. Having said that, it is rapidly changing, half of Doha seems to be in the process of being demolished and rebuilt and there's a certain fascination with that (for me).

I'll parrot what others will doubtlessly say to you: avoid debt at all cost. Don't even take out a car loan unless you have plenty of money to pay it back quickly if needed. Don't get stupidly drunk in public. NEVER drink and drive. Whenever you encounter a local, be polite no matter what happens.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

co durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond reputeco durham boy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH
I think the money is fine. You'll soon find that it'll be easy to spend almost all of it, equally it's also easy to be frugal and leave at the end of three years with gobs of savings. Up to you.

A few things:

Qatar is perfectly safe. There is very little crime. Women are treated just fine and dandy. They're not expected to cover up like Saudi. They can drive. The worst a western woman will experience in Qatar is in certain parts of Doha where you have a lot of labourers, they may stare a bit too intently.

But Qatar is a culturally conservative place. It's definitely not Dubai by any stretch of the imagination. Just dress modestly and behave modestly in public and you will be fine.

Qatar is a very quiet, very staid and dull place where you pay a whole lot of money for the privilege of living there. There's a few impressive pictures of West Bay and the Pearl if you google for them, but behind the veneer it's still a traditional if rapidly developing Arab country. Even the modern veneer of Qatar really isn't all that great, look more closely and you'll see how it truly lacks of the quality or professionalism you otherwise expect. Your biggest danger (other than boredom) is getting yourself trapped into a particular circumstance through no wrongdoing of your own but because the arcane laws haven't caught up with the times. Having said that, it is rapidly changing, half of Doha seems to be in the process of being demolished and rebuilt and there's a certain fascination with that (for me).

I'll parrot what others will doubtlessly say to you: avoid debt at all cost. Don't even take out a car loan unless you have plenty of money to pay it back quickly if needed. Don't get stupidly drunk in public. NEVER drink and drive. Whenever you encounter a local, be polite no matter what happens.
You sound like a bloke that's just about to board a plane to Doha

Decent post and all you need to know is in the above
Old Nov 7th 2016, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

DXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond reputeDXBtoDOH has a reputation beyond repute

Har har har.

Three weeks to go till I walk the plank

Old Nov 7th 2016, 9:05 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by DXBtoDOH

A few things:

Thank you so much for your response. Some very good information and points, you have just shared with me. I really appreciate it.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 9:17 am
Just Joined

I have had the worse weekend this week, lots of thoughts and concerns in my mind. but, I think, I made my mind that I should go ahead with this.

thanks again for your support.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 9:23 am
Just Joined

Thanks everybody for your input. I will keep you all posted regarding this position and may be my experience if got to that point

Regards

Rick
Old Nov 7th 2016, 9:33 am
womble

OriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond reputeOriginalSunshine has a reputation beyond repute

Is English your first language, or are you just crap at typing...?

The reason I ask is that if you are originally from an Asian country (as your phrasing of words and sentences in the above posts suggest) you may find Qatar an altogether different experience, even if you are being paid a Western salary level.

Last edited by BEVS; Nov 7th 2016 at 7:25 pm. Reason: Oops. I'm also crud. Pressed edit when I didn't mean to.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 9:53 am
Joined on April fools day

Beaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond reputeBeaverstate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jam25mack
What does a senior piping engineer do?

55K a month seems like a lot of bunce to me.... especially when O&G and Qatar are on their ass.
Perhaps carrying cash to the Clintons.
Old Nov 7th 2016, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by OriginalSunshine
Is English your first language, or are you just crap at typing...?

The reason I ask is that if you are originally from an Asian country (as your phrasing of words and sentences in the above posts suggest) you may find Qatar an altogether different experience, even if you are being paid a Western salary level.
Not too bothered for my typo.
sorry to hear you hven't had a pleasant experience in duha as an Asian expat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.