Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Middle East > ME Job Discussions
Reload this Page >

Salary advice - Abu Dhabi job

Salary advice - Abu Dhabi job

Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:14 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Salary advice - Abu Dhabi job

Originally Posted by annacarna
lol grass???
I know!! I nearly keeled over at the thought of it and then again at the bloody cost. The next people moving in are going to have to buy my garden off me, or i'm going to take it up. It was SO expensive!

xx
Old Jan 28th 2009, 10:49 am
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
I know!! I nearly keeled over at the thought of it and then again at the bloody cost. The next people moving in are going to have to buy my garden off me, or i'm going to take it up. It was SO expensive!

xx
ha ha too funny, can just picture you hacking the garden and shoving it in a Samsonite

but seriously if you do move how will that work, did the landlord agree that the new owner has to pay you a portion of the costs

We paid 270,000 aed at my work for landscaping, and 6000 a month to maintain it, its bloody exp
Old Jan 28th 2009, 11:34 am
BE Forum Addict

al dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond reputeal dente has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by annacarna
ha ha too funny, can just picture you hacking the garden and shoving it in a Samsonite

but seriously if you do move how will that work, did the landlord agree that the new owner has to pay you a portion of the costs

We paid 270,000 aed at my work for landscaping, and 6000 a month to maintain it, its bloody exp

It's a company house, so i guess we'll offer to sell it to the next tenants via DH's co. If not, you'll see a 'garden to good home' on BE! It's the principle!

x
Old Jan 28th 2009, 12:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Grace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond reputeGrace O Malley has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by al dente
It's a company house, so i guess we'll offer to sell it to the next tenants via DH's co. If not, you'll see a 'garden to good home' on BE! It's the principle!

x
Too right!
Old Jan 28th 2009, 8:20 pm
Just Joined

Bennett1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for the advice - I will rehome the horse but just so hard to part with pets......
Old Jan 29th 2009, 6:59 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Bennett1
Thanks for the advice - I will rehome the horse but just so hard to part with pets......
yes i know, i had to do it when i came out here, but times are fragile here pet, dont spend that kinda money

So ya coming or what!
Old Jan 30th 2009, 6:33 am
Concierge

Blue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Cat has a reputation beyond repute

let someone foster him, just incase it doesn't work out here
Old Feb 9th 2009, 10:05 pm
Banned

alistair7 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, Bennett.

What is the exact position? and the company industry.

Thanks
Old Feb 10th 2009, 8:47 pm
Just Joined

Alistair - tried to sent you a PM but you have not enabled the option to receive PMs on your profile.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 3:31 pm
Just Joined

rena19 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello, Bennett.

It is Alistair7 here, using my wife's account as my account is not working for some reason.

Can you, please, resend the answer to my initial question or post the answer on the forum if not confidential.

I was interested to know what the position offered to you is and which company it is in?

Thanks
Old Mar 4th 2009, 3:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

Husband is but I wasn't planning to. We're in Aus (Sydney) and the livery over here isn't great compared to UK - tiny sand paddocks, no grass, horses all fed hay and hard feed. So horse used to heat and no nice grassy paddocks. Just had a quote for the flight 30,000 AED.
Is it flying 1st class!!

I wouldn't pay for the dog to come here and they probably make you pay import/clearance duty as well, my mate brought his dog from Oz, I think it ended up costing him about 20k aed all in, much as I miss the dog I'd miss the €4000 more!
Old Mar 4th 2009, 8:04 pm
Just Joined

It is difficult to know what to do with pets, as they are expensive to take overseas and there is the worry of them adjusting to a new country but they are part of the family.....

What do most people do - take them or rehome them?
Old Mar 5th 2009, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

lanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to alllanarkwitch is a name known to all

we rehomed our Brian (18month old lab), he was quite a fabulous dog and I miss him every day but we lived in the middle of the irish countryside and he loved nothing better than going for a good swim and chasing some cattle, so it would have been extremly unfair of us to bring him here, he's gone to live on a farm not far from where we were, the cat (Gilligan) went to live about a mile down the road and Brians new owner promised to bring him for walks down that way so they could still see each other, they were very close and it was quite traumatic splitting them up.