Riyadh - benefits package

Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:23 am
Just Joined

Baconi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Riyadh - benefits package

Hi, I am in discussions with a company to join them in a Director role.
There is a disconnect between my expectations in terms of benefits and what they offer. The salary is good at 60000 sar per month, but once the compound and school fees are paid, the move does not stack up for me financially.
Can you give me an indication of the benefits you would expect for Riyadh at director level?
At this stage, it's family flights, family health care, no schooling, no accommodation.
Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2015, 8:37 am
Just Joined

tomstoj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Riyadh - benefits package

Hi

As far as I know good practice is to have:

- 25% monthly salary as housing allowance (if accommodation is not provided)
- 10% monthly salary as car allowance (I think it's even by law)
- health insurance for you and family
- 1-2 tickets back home for all family members yearly
- bonus

For education it depends on your level but you're director / you should be compensated at least partially.

60K for director is OK with benefits / bonus
60K plain with nothing else not so good. Think of school 40K yearly per kid and accommodation 250K yearly for good 3-4 bedroom on good compound.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 9:12 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

last post reported as an advert, therefore against forum rules
Old Jul 5th 2015, 1:58 pm
Just Joined

Hi mikelincs, I am struggling to understand how my thread is deamed to be a job advert?
I simply want some info on what benefits I can expect re a senior post in a Riyadh.
Can you suggest an amendment that you are comfortable with?
Thanks
Old Jul 5th 2015, 2:02 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Baconi
Hi mikelincs, I am struggling to understand how my thread is deamed to be a job advert?
I simply want some info on what benefits I can expect re a senior post in a Riyadh.
Can you suggest an amendment that you are comfortable with?
Thanks
Baconi, The comment was not about your post, which was a perfectly good question, but a poster did come in just advertising his services, site etc, and that is what was reported, and it now has been removed.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 10:56 pm
Just Joined

Hi mikelincs, ok, thanks for responding. All the best
Old Jul 6th 2015, 2:01 pm
Just Joined

Andre le Roux is an unknown quantity at this point

Look at 40-50K salary only. Housing, car, home flights, etc should be extra.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 10:48 pm
Just Joined

Thanks Andre.
What about school fees, is it the policy to pay these in addition to the salary?
Would those families receive any additional housing allowances to off set the larger accommodation costs?
What would the housing and transport allowances be? 10 transport, 25% housing?
Many thanks
Old Jul 7th 2015, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Some companies do pay school fees, generally these are the larger and more established ones. This is not the rule, though. Depends on your negotiations.

Regarding the transport and housing allowances, I have no benchmarks on these as a percentage of total package. There are threads here that better detail what the good compounds cost now. Cars are very cheap to buy and fuel is negligible.
Old Jul 7th 2015, 9:59 am
Just Joined

Many thanks Andre.
Out of interest, with a reputable taxi company, how much would a 30 minute taxi ride be ?
I'm thinking about us potentially living off compound and my Mrs doing the school run.
What are your thoughts about living off compound?
Thanks
Old Jul 7th 2015, 12:07 pm
Just Joined

Tried to send you a pm, Baconi, but I'm apparently too new on the forum to do so.
Can't advise on current taxi pricing as I've been in Jordan for about 4 years now, but recall that my wife said that it was pretty cheap.
I wouldn't live off-compound in Riyadh at all as this can be pretty grim. Your compound choice is extremely important for peace of mind and to "escape" to a more "normal" environment at the end of the day.